Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Hddreamer
Well,,,,,,,,, dose it work ??? :shrug:
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Well,,,,,,,,, dose it work ??? :shrug:
:lol:
It turns on, haven't brought it outside yet though. To damn cold out. :cry:
By Hddreamer
Well that's a lot better than what I got ! Lol
Mine should arrive Thursday
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Well that's a lot better than what I got ! Lol
Mine should arrive Thursday
Sweet! Can't wait to get out there!
By myglimk2
Got the light rigged up for the night hunts. Used an old pill bottle to house the 9v battery and switch. Zip tied the bottle to the detector and then through some tape around it. I have the lights setup on an angle (can't tell from the pic) so they don't blind you. Lights up the screen perfectly!

By Hddreamer
That's great ! You should send some pics to Garrett that would make a nice Accessory to have !
By myglimk2
Others may have beat me to it. Got the idea off the internet. Seen quite a few other people do it. Wish I was the first though! :lol:

Got that CD today. Thanks again! 8)
By Hddreamer
Are they LED lights you used ?
By myglimk2
Yah they're part of an LED strip I had laying around. If you're interested I'll make you one.
By Hddreamer
I think I'm gonna try myself , nothing personal ,I just love to tinker with stuff like that but don't be surprised if I take you up on the offer :) If I were you I would still contact Garrett just cause you seen it on the Internet dosent mean someone submitted it what's the worst that can happen they say no ? And what's the best they offer you some $$$$ for the idea
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:I think I'm gonna try myself , nothing personal ,I just love to tinker with stuff like that but don't be surprised if I take you up on the offer :) If I were you I would still contact Garrett just cause you seen it on the Internet dosent mean someone submitted it what's the worst that can happen they say no ? And what's the best they offer you some $$$$ for the idea
I completely understand. I like tinkering with things to.
Going to check there website for contact info and also to be sure that they don't offer something like it.
By Hddreamer
Finally got my 350 in everything works so far I also got a coil protector for it , I thought it was stupid at first but when you think about it
The coil dose get rubbed against the dirt a lot so I picked one up on eBay for 17.00 beats having to get another coil!
Hopefully gonna get out there soon and put it to the test :D
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Finally got my 350 in everything works so far I also got a coil protector for it , I thought it was stupid at first but when you think about it
The coil dose get rubbed against the dirt a lot so I picked one up on eBay for 17.00 beats having to get another coil!
Hopefully gonna get out there soon and put it to the test :D
That is awesome!!

I to got the coil protector and I also got the dust/rain cover.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARRETT-RAIN-DU ... 19df2764a7
By hayes1966
Jeff

Ever try this down at the beach?
By myglimk2
I tried with my Bounty Hunter at a small beach in Stratford a few weeks ago. Found a bunch of pennies and dimes, plus your normal bottle caps and junk. I would like to hit some of the more popular beaches.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!