Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By myglimk2
Haven't found anything I lost as a child. Well, I also didn't really check that side of the yard when I was there. I may go back this weekend to search around some more.
The cowboy pictured above I found there but I asked my mom and she said I never had any metal figurines just the plastic ones. So it must have been from the previous owners in the 80's. We moved there in 1987 I believe.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the detector I have. It does an awesome job! I still want the Garret since it has more features than the Bounty Hunter.
By myglimk2
DIY pin-pointer on the cheap. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W-vO2Nn-X8
By myglimk2
This showed up today.

Just ordered the Garrett Ace 350 from Cabelas. Had a $20 off coupon and $20 in Cabelas points, couldn't resist the $40.00 off and the free shipping. 8)
By myglimk2
Good way to protect the pointers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjVEzObQadk

I'll be picking up a can (yellow, so it's more visible) soon if anyone else needs to "dip" anything.
By Hddreamer
Well Jeff glad on your end everything is workin out ,let me tell you on my end ,,,,,,got my Garrett ace 350 today , put it together and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing !!!!!
DOA, I have to send it back I even tried new batteries NOTHING! there sending me a return label by email ! is it just me or dose anyone else have the same shi* luck I can't remember anything I bought lately that didn't have issues!
What ever happened to good old quality control ?
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Well Jeff glad on your end everything is workin out ,let me tell you on my end ,,,,,,got my Garrett ace 350 today , put it together and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing !!!!!
DOA, I have to send it back I even tried new batteries NOTHING! there sending me a return label by email ! is it just me or dose anyone else have the same shi* luck I can't remember anything I bought lately that didn't have issues!
What ever happened to good old quality control ?
That just sucks man! I am so sorry to hear that!
I usually have $hitty luck when ordering meals at restaurants, they always manage to get something wrong! QC processes are almost none existent these days, few take pride in there work anymore.
From what I hear, Garrett has good customer service. Sucks you gotta find out before even using it.

Come spring/summer we should all go on a MD hunt. Their is suppose to be a lot of random, abandoned house foundations scattered through out CT's wooded areas. Have to do some more research.
By Hddreamer
Sounds good to me count me in , the people at kellyco is takin in the return they seemed pretty cool about it , they said they never get any returns on the 350 So I told them its because I didn't order sooner ! Lol oh well we will see what happens did you get the 350 at a good price , what made you go to cabelas ?
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Sounds good to me count me in , the people at kellyco is takin in the return they seemed pretty cool about it , they said they never get any returns on the 350 So I told them its because I didn't order sooner ! Lol oh well we will see what happens did you get the 350 at a good price , what made you go to cabelas ?
Hopefully they'll get you going soon.
Opened up a Cabelas card a few weeks ago and got the $20 in Cabelas points for doing so. Then I got a $20.00 coupon in the mail the other day. I ended up getting the 350 for $279.04 shipped all said and done.
By Hddreamer
That's what I spent , dam if I knew they had them I would have just gone there oh well I'll wait it out 8O :D
By myglimk2
Well, who's to say mine won't be DOA to? (fingers crossed!) lol
By Hddreamer
Lol, now that's not even funny ! I hope not ! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya too , let us know how you make out
By myglimk2
By Hddreamer
Good videos!, I sent back my 350 yesterday customer service was pretty good ,first guy I got was very friendly second wasn't as friendly but more informative ,
All in all they emailed me a FedEx label and now it's on it's way back to the company hopefully the next one will be better .
I also got a cd about 50states and there treasures if you would like I'll make a copy for you PM me your address and I'll send you one ,thanks for the links they are always helpful !
By myglimk2
Anytime! Hopefully you get yours back soon.
I'll definitely take a copy of that CD. I'll send you a PM in a little bit.

Thanks, Paul!
By myglimk2
350 showed up. 8)

Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!