Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By myglimk2
mu2bdriver wrote:I'm a little late to the party on this but from what a close friend has told me what he's seen with the e-cigs in a hospital environment...

Most smokers keep their pack/day habit when transitioning to the e-cigs and puff on them what they feel is an equivalent amount of time that they would normally spend smoking. They're allegedly designed to be puffed on just a few times per day and if you keep the volume behaviors of the past, you're taking in an enormous amount of whatever chemicals they put in them and those chemicals are bypassing your lungs but going directly to your heart. He tells people that use them often that the better option is probably to stick with the traditional cigs: you're either going to have a generally known damage to your lungs or a widely unknown damage to your heart.
I'm hoping to stop completely with the E-cig within the next few weeks. I've noticed, at times, that I'll take multiple puffs from it. Most of the day though is only a puff here and there. It is getting better as days go by and hopefully won't need it in a few weeks.
By Hddreamer
Those 1/2 cigarettes aren't gonna help Jeff
By myglimk2
Hey, it was only one and I won't be doing that again! :P
By Hddreamer
Just sayin Jeff , people think well it was only a 1/2 then well it's only 2 aday ect.ect.ect just tryin to help you see that that's all , it happens a lot like that ,if you can make it a few day you can make it for good, keep your mind off of smokin completely the more you think about it the harder your gonna make it on yourself
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Just sayin Jeff , people think well it was only a 1/2 then well it's only 2 aday ect.ect.ect just tryin to help you see that that's all , it happens a lot like that ,if you can make it a few day you can make it for good, keep your mind off of smokin completely the more you think about it the harder your gonna make it on yourself
I know and trust me, I appreciate you all looking out! :wink:
I've seen it happen like that with others.
I like the senses I'm getting back. I already feel like I can breath so much better. I'm never picking another one of those up again. I'm enjoying being smoke free, just all around feel so much better.
Once this phase is over then it's time to move onto getting my body back in shape.
By Hddreamer
:yeah:
By MessEleven
Hey Jeff...did the doc green-light your wife for Chantix?
By myglimk2
MessEleven wrote:Hey Jeff...did the doc green-light your wife for Chantix?
Going to find out this coming Monday when she goes in to see him again.
He told her he didn't know much about Chantix so he was going to research in to it an discuss options on her next visit.
By Hddreamer
Ok Jeff we haven't heard from you lately , how's the progress doing ? Are you still a non- smoker or just another statistic ?
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Ok Jeff we haven't heard from you lately , how's the progress doing ? Are you still a non- smoker or just another statistic ?
:lol:

Nope, still going strong! My wife is also a non smoker as well now to!
By Hddreamer
Holly crap!!!!!!!
Congratulations !
Now just don't ever look back at them again , you can do it ! Congrats to the wife also it's so much better when nobody smokes in the house there's a lot less temptation
By myglimk2
Thanks HD!
She was a little moody the first few days. :lol:
She ended up using one of my ecigs. She still uses it from time to time. I'm currently going down with the miligrams of nicotine. Started at 18mg and am currently at 12mg. Next time I go to get more liquid I will be going to a lower dosage.
By Hddreamer
Great to hear keep up the good work!
By myglimk2
Hddreamer wrote:Great to hear keep up the good work!
Thank you for the support!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!