Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By myglimk2
The cartridge ones are alright. Not as good as the new ones they came out with that take the liquid.
By Hddreamer
Hey Jeff how's the non smokin goin ? Are you still not smoking ???
By myglimk2
Still no cigarettes! Actually became very sensitive to the smell of them. Gives me a headache.
Still doing the E-cig. Currently still at 6mg, lowest level they have. Think I'm ready to move to 0mg soon. Found a few flavors for vapors that I like a lot. Once you get down to 0mg there is basically nothing harmful in "vaping".
My wife is still going strong as well. My mother is actually doing well with it. She still does smoke two cigs a day, way better than the half to full pack a day that she was. My aunt (believe she is 50 now) is doing well with it also.
I recommend "vaping" to everyone I know who smokes. So far the thing I hear back the most of is "I'm afraid it's not going to work". So they're not willing to try. :/
By Hddreamer
Wow that's awesome there's two people at my work that are doing it , one it didn't work on but the other is doing well, glad it worked out well for you and the wife ! You have most likely givin your wife the best present she will ever recive !
I'm dealing with my mother in law , she has only one lung now because of cigeretts, they needed to cut under her arm and pull out her lung that was totally shot through her arm pit ! Lucky for her the other lung was perfect ! Nothing wrong with it
, but not she has to rest when just going to the store because she's winded , gets colds worse than you or I get , the slightest bit of a cold and she has to goto the doctors ! That means more co-pays ,meds etc.
You just saved your wife and yourself from this happening to you !
Congratulations job well done. Keep up the great job ( your wife too!)
By myglimk2
Thanks Paul!

I'm very happy my wife and I were able to quit and while we're still young. Definitely don't think about the repercussions of smoking, well you do but always think it won't happen to you or you'll deal with them when they come up. Very sorry to hear about your MIL and I wish her all the best! Pushing my mother so something like that doesn't happen to her. Although, she's been smoking a very long time so the damage may already be done. I'm constantly encouraging her to keep it up.
Keep on your other friend about giving it another go. If need be, have him call/text me and I'll try to get him started or educate him on vaping and different options with it. :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!