Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By hayes1966
I would have assumed that more armed security would be on duty after the incident at Fort Hoot

Military installations are technically “gun free” zones meaning that military and civilian personnel are prohibited from possessing weapons without special authorization. This policy includes those living on military bases who are not allowed to keep personal weapons in their domiciles. Regulation 90-114 regulates firearms on military bases and was implemented by President Clinton in 1993.

Authorization Officials

Law enforcement and security personnel are authorized to carry weapons consistent with their duties by field grade officers-- or the civilian equivalent--of GS-12 or higher. Authorization for carrying a weapon for personal protection is based on case-by-case basis. The Secretary of the Army reserves the right to authorize the carrying of weapons for personal protection within the United States. The carrying of weapons on military installations outside of United States is authorized by the base commanders.

Authorized Use

Individuals authorized to carry firearms may be involved in law enforcement or base security, including the protection of military or civilian personnel, protection of classified documents or military equipment, and guarding prisoners. Generally, authority is implied when ammunition is issued with the weapon.

Firearms Restrictions

Military or civilian personnel prohibited from carrying weapons on military bases include those who are medically disqualified, have had a security clearance revoked or denied, or those who are taking medication which may impair judgment. Additionally, anyone who has consumed alcohol within the past 8 hours is denied access to firearms.

http://www.ehow.com/list_7166427_gun-la ... tions.html
By jerryd
Wonder how he got the guns into the base? T know when i worked at New London Sub base had to go thru check point then if you went to lower sub base had to go thru it again with only 10min. to get there. they checked our cars and tools but not that good. I think if i wanted to i could have got something in if i wanted to. People bitch when there is too much security, and bitch when there is not enough and something happens!
By hayes1966
At some point they will come out with where the firearms came from. One report showed that he picked up the AR and handgun once inside the base but at this point it is all gossip.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!