Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By denick
At midnight tonight 48 million homes in America. Will start to receive Al Jazeera tv. Your cable dollars going direct to an organization that promotes terrorism.

???????
By CTSixshot
Not my home or my TV...wait.... I don't have either!
By myglimk2
:Tin foil hat on:

War on Terrorism? A war our own government made up to send our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunt and uncles over to the sand box. My trust and hope in this government was lost back in 2001.
Our government are the real terrorists!
By hayes1966
Might be a bit better than the so called news that is reported by the media in this country.
By Jason
I haven't watched Cable TV in several years as I prefer to control my news sources more. I have gone to their website occasionally and I do think they are a more credible news source for world events than some American sources, including some top tier channels.

Up until a recent job change, I spent months each year in other countries and it was amazing how much more depth the reporting generally had. Ignore all socialite/entertainment/trivial reporting and it seems to me that many European nations have more intelligent news feeds. (I also find this disturbing and a bit depressing).

Part of why I stopped watching Cable was that I realized how controlled US media is. I can't overstate how troubling the US limits are. If you rely on television for news, you're allowing yourself to be consistently exposed to a very controlled set of information.

The Qatar implication troubles me, but no more so than Fox's, NBCNews (MSNBC), or Turner's outside influence.

Hell, look at the second largest shareholder of Fox.
By magneton44
Luck if my TV gets 6 hours of "On" time a week..except during Football season..Rabbit Ears only :wink:
By PaiN
Guns are for shooting your TV
By nvisn
I called Optimum and I kept my 50Mbps pipe and cut the phone and all cable but the bare bones basic TV last month. My bill went from $~190 to $60/mo I haven't even turned on the cable box in the month since I did that. I signed up with Netflix and got hooked on "House of Cards"

They call it Television "Programming" for a reason... :roll:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!