Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By myglimk2
No deals t be had at this show. :shrug:

Oh well, at least got to hang out with PaiN for the day though. :lol:
By 3319
nvisn wrote:I have NEVER been to a gun show that upon leaving thought "hmmm that was a valuable use of my time"
You ever been to a gun show in The Great State of Texas?
By Savage99
GreggAndrews wrote:
I can go to Cabelas in E.Hartford and they have more guns than that so called show and the parking is free.
Yeah... but after dealing with Mr. "I was a Colt employee" I tend not to buy anything from them.

Gunshows are great if you're looking for an obscure part/piece/equipment.
Gregg,

Yes your correct that gunshows are good for finding some part. Also they are interesting to see all of the stuff. It's just that I am not interested in much of it.

I go back to when old Charlie Benton's was open in Vernon. We got some really nice guns there back then.

Gunshops are opening and closing all of the time. I keep a list of them in the car for something to do in the winter.

Cabelas is a place that my wife likes. While she is not a shooter she puts up with my hobby. She likes Cabelas as well for their lunch area and other shopping for gifts there. As I have posted before Cabelas is a compliment to the outdoor sports in my view thats open every day with free admission!

I bought a fine custom rifle at Cabelas a few years ago. After half a century of gunshopping its the best one I have ever found. I don't say that Cabelas is the best everytime for all of us. Just that it is indeed good for us!

By GreggAndrews
Gregg,

Yes your correct that gunshows are good for finding some part. Also they are interesting to see all of the stuff. It's just that I am not interested in much of it.

I go back to when old Charlie Benton's was open in Vernon. We got some really nice guns there back then.

Gunshops are opening and closing all of the time. I keep a list of them in the car for something to do in the winter.

Cabelas is a place that my wife likes. While she is not a shooter she puts up with my hobby. She likes Cabelas as well for their lunch area and other shopping for gifts there. As I have posted before Cabelas is a compliment to the outdoor sports in my view thats open every day with free admission!

I bought a fine custom rifle at Cabelas a few years ago. After half a century of gunshopping its the best one I have ever found. I don't say that Cabelas is the best everytime for all of us. Just that it is indeed good for us!
Don't get me wrong, Cabela's has some BEAUTIFUL rifles in the Gun Library... ones that I wish I could handle, let alone own (let's face it, you feel worse after handling something you can't afford!). The big problem I have with Cabela's, is they have the attitude of "This is the price, that's it, absolutely no dickering". Especially a few of the employees there who have a rather obvious attitude about it.

Mr. "I was a Colt employee" (I forgot his name, but I can place his face to it) really turned me off to Cabela's. If they hire a prick like him, then they must not really have any concern for what goes on.

If you want a very fine rifle, then yes there is one in the Gun Library waiting for you! (provided you have the cash). Otherwise the crap they pass for rifles right outside of the Gun Library on the used racks for those kinds of prices is outrageous. Since when is a beat to shit Winchester post '64, '94 worth $500?
By magneton44
GreggAndrews wrote:
Gregg,

Don't get me wrong, Cabela's has some BEAUTIFUL rifles in the Gun Library... ones that I wish I could handle, let alone own (let's face it, you feel worse after handling something you can't afford!). The big problem I have with Cabela's, is they have the attitude of "This is the price, that's it, absolutely no dickering". Especially a few of the employees there who have a rather obvious attitude about it.

Mr. "I was a Colt employee" (I forgot his name, but I can place his face to it) really turned me off to Cabela's. If they hire a prick like him, then they must not really have any concern for what goes on.

If you want a very fine rifle, then yes there is one in the Gun Library waiting for you! (provided you have the cash). Otherwise the crap they pass for rifles right outside of the Gun Library on the used racks for those kinds of prices is outrageous. Since when is a beat to shit Winchester post '64, '94 worth $500?
The Colt employee, was his name Brent?? If it was, he worked in the Cusytom Shop
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!