Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Savage99
If I have nothing to do I might go to the Wallingford show.

However the weather is better in April.

The last 'show' I went to was $12 just to get in. They used to be $10 and thats way too much to just look at fake military stuff and chinese knives.

There are far more guns to look at in the Cabelas here and the parking is not another $10.
By MadSmith
Free parking, and there's a $1 off coupon.

By GixerJockey
I went to the last one. Over priced admission charge. Crappy old guns, over-prices late model guns... Not to many of either one. A few custom knives that I can't afford. LOTS of chinese knives that I don't want. I spent two hours at the last one and could only manage to buy a couple of crystals from a stone guy, for my daughter. I think I'm all set this time around.
By Harry
GixerJockey wrote:I went to the last one. Over priced admission charge. Crappy old guns, over-prices late model guns... Not to many of either one. A few custom knives that I can't afford. LOTS of chinese knives that I don't want. I spent two hours at the last one and could only manage to buy a couple of crystals from a stone guy, for my daughter. I think I'm all set this time around.
Agreed! Only interesting things are brought by few like Freedom Shoppe but they are all overpriced than their shop prices
By MadSmith
Thanks Harry!

Our regular in-stock items are priced the same in the store and at the shows. Variations on pricing typically reflect market fluctuations on our inventory costs.

We also like to try out some new items at the shows, and if it sells well, we restock with a bulk dealer order that reduces our cost, and hence the price goes down for the same item in the shop.

Interestingly enough, we move a lot of consignment gear at the shows, and the prices for these reflect what their owners want. Basically, you bring in your rifle or pistol, you set what you want to get for it, we'll add a bit for our margin, and put it out on the display for a wider exposure. When it sells, we give you a call to come pick up your money, or send you a check by registered mail. Since there are no consignment fees, it's been quite popular as a means to sell off your old stuff and typically at a better price and have us handle all the cover-your-ass paperwork with the state.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!