Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By sigequinox
I'm currently living in middletown and just picked up an application for my wife and I.

On the application it says the following is "requested" (in quotes just like that) and talks about having 3 middletown residents provide character references for me. It does not explain or have an asterisk or anything about what "requested" in quotes actually means. is this to be interpreted as "preferably" or "mandatory" i just dont know.

Anyway, I have been here less than a year and no one that i know in middletown really knows me well enough to speak to my character--mostly just people i know from the apartment bulding i run into while walking the dog and such. I moved to CT from Long Island, NY where I held a pistol license that required 3 notarized letters of reference. If I do need references, do you think getting the references faxed over from the pistol license division on long island will be sufficient?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by sigequinox on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By myglimk2
Welcome to the state. The three letters of recomendation are not required and are not mandated by the state. So no, you do not have to submit them with your application.
By sigequinox
myglimk2 wrote:Welcome to the state. The three letters of recomendation are not required and are not mandated by the state. So no, you do not have to submit them with your application.
wow, thank you for the extremely prompt reply lol. Don't even think mre than 2 minutes went by. That's great!

Looking forward to enjoying my freedoms in this [more] free state. Although I now must buy a new gun as a sig p220 is just too much gun for EDC. Don't you love justifying purchases? :)
By myglimk2
I just happened to hit the refresh button at the right time! :lol:

Definitely more freedom here than our surrounding states. :roll:

No need to justify a firearm purchase. :twisted:
By Clawed
myglimk2 wrote: Definitely more freedom here than our surrounding states
I still hate connecticut gun laws...
I want to move to Vermont :wink:
By myglimk2
Clawed wrote:
myglimk2 wrote: Definitely more freedom here than our surrounding states
I still hate connecticut gun laws...