Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By x13sandman13x
Bristol PD ID deptartment is saying 17 weeks just to get the backround check from the state.
By BigJonBoy
Apparantly there's a huge rush of people getting permits lately. I've heard people say that obama is the best gun salesman in the world, or something to that effect. Lol. Good luck with your permit.
By myglimk2
Rich_B will be in shortly to chime in. :wink:
By hayes1966
The background check is carried out the FBI and reported back to the state within five days. If Bristol PD are saying that they are yanking your chain.
By newguy
myglimk2 wrote:Rich_B will be in shortly to chime in. :wink:

Lol my thoughts excately
By JohnFH
I would just drop off a copy of the law, and remind them that they have to FOLLOW all the laws just like we do.
By 3319
It is the State of Connecticut. They are sitting on, as of the end of last month, over 1000 background checks from the FBI. They have not forwarded them on to the local authority. I personally went to the State Police building in Middletown (that issues you your pistol permit) two Fridays ago and wanted some answers on why they have not done their job. All I got was an ear full of lies from the lady in Records.
Your local authority can't really do anything until the State sends them the FBI check. Well, they could do something if they wanted to. There is a provision in the law that says your local authority can give you a temp permit without getting the info back from the State. I know a guy a few years back that went to get his permit. He walked out of his local PD with his temp permit that day. Filled out the paperwork, talked to the Chief for 30 minutes, 'BAM', temp permit in hand.
So the question is, will the local authority fork over a temp permit at the 8 week mark even though they have not recieved the FBI info from the State? Your local PD runs a check as well. At least that's what my local PD said when I dropped my app off. So why would the local authority want to break the law and not give you your permit at 8 weeks seeing as how they can get the same data as the State? And what would happen if you were to push the issue with your local authority and file a lawsuit as well as appeal?
By Rich_B
JohnFH wrote:I would just drop off a copy of the law, and remind them that they have to FOLLOW all the laws just like we do.
Good luck with that. There is a 12-14 week backlog Connecticut Carry is working on fighting.

http://ctcarry.com/Issues/SPBIBacklog
By Rich_B
BigJonBoy wrote:Apparantly there's a huge rush of people getting permits lately. I've heard people say that obama is the best gun salesman in the world, or something to that effect. Lol. Good luck with your permit.
This has nothing to do with anything.
By Wera
Nevermind a 12- 14 week backlog with the State. A friend call the Bristol Police for an appointment for his fingerprints. And was given an appointment for Aug 21th. So one can only hope the State catches up on their backlog by then.
By 3319
He can always go to SPBI or another police department for his prints.
By Rich_B
Wera wrote:Nevermind a 12- 14 week backlog with the State. A friend call the Bristol Police for an appointment for his fingerprints. And was given an appointment for Aug 21th. So one can only hope the State catches up on their backlog by then.
So all that says is the Bristol doesn't want his money. Go to DPS or West Hartford instead.

The SPBI backlog should be at or approaching zero at this point.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!