Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By Samppson
Hi,

My wife and I turned in our permits 3 weeks ago, and a few days ago she got a letter in the mail stating her fingerprints were unclear. They were done at Danielson State Police with the digital machine.

I did not receive a letter, so I am hoping mine worked ok. My question is, at this point, once the town receives the OK on the background check, what is the next step that happens? Is it just my town approving my app or do they need to wait on anything else? Im hoping this means I am close to the end!

Thank you!
By Hddreamer
Once the town is done you'll get the town permit you have to submit it into the dept. of public Saftey then you'll get a letter saying to go down for your picture , plan on being there a while the last time I was there it took a couple of hours then your good to go ,
This is from my experience it was a while back when I got mine but from what I understand not much has changed las far as your wife don't get discurraged my wife had to go back twice but she stuck through it now it's a done deal
Good luck !
By Samppson
Hddreamer wrote:Once the town is done you'll get the town permit you have to submit it into the dept. of public Saftey then you'll get a letter saying to go down for your picture , plan on being there a while the last time I was there it took a couple of hours then your good to go ,
This is from my experience it was a while back when I got mine but from what I understand not much has changed las far as your wife don't get discurraged my wife had to go back twice but she stuck through it now it's a done deal
Good luck !
Oh, I was under the impression when I got a call from my town manager, I could go pick up my temporary pistol permit, then from that, I could go immediately to Middletown or Montville State police for my actual picture/pistol permit. I havent heard of the Department of Pub. Safety thing?
By Hddreamer
I live in north haven and not formilyer with Montville police like I said it's been a long time all I have to do now is just keep renewing it ,I always go to the department of public safety
By hayes1966
Once you get your town permit you can take this to state police same day to obtain your state permit. You will have to bring birth certificate or passport with you.
By Samppson
hayes1966 wrote:Once you get your town permit you can take this to state police same day to obtain your state permit. You will have to bring birth certificate or passport with you.
Oh ok, awesome. I called the townhall last night and got a rude reply saying "If you didn't get a call from us, then we haven't heard back, it usually takes 6-8 weeks"

I really don't think the Liberals in my town hall have any respect for the second amendment. This process has become ridiculous, how can essentially a background check take 6-8 weeks lol...

Hopefully my town smartens up and votes them out come election season. Not holding my breath though.
By hayes1966
Most towns normally won't return the temporary permit till after 8 weeks. This is a way to discourage people from applying. The state one is instant once the local is in hand.
By Samppson
hayes1966 wrote:Most towns normally won't return the temporary permit till after 8 weeks. This is a way to discourage people from applying. The state one is instant once the local is in hand.
So you are saying there is a chance my approved permit is at the townhall and they are just going to wait until 8 weeks?
By hayes1966
Samppson wrote:
hayes1966 wrote:Most towns normally won't return the temporary permit till after 8 weeks. This is a way to discourage people from applying. The state one is instant once the local is in hand.
So you are saying there is a chance my approved permit is at the townhall and they are just going to wait until 8 weeks?
Yes. The background check is back within 5 days from the FBI.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!