Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
Hello:

I am applying for a pistol permit in Middletown, but I am 100% sure I will be denied, either directly or constructively, because of something I did 22 years ago and findable by google. However, I am also in the military, Active Duty 1999-2003, CT National Guard 2006-2013, and now Reserves.

I wonder if I am the only one denied a pistol permit but currently in the military. My main concern is will the state authorities inform my military COC of their "findings". Will this threaten my position in the USAR?
By RICH
If you are 100 % sure you will be denied why apply in the first place?
By statute any felony disqualifies you, as well as 11 types of misdemeanors.
You would be foolish to apply if you fall into one of these categories.
By RICH
By the way, welcome to the forum.
By nuke
Brian,
I guess I'm being critical but why doesn't the .mil know about this event that happened 22 years ago already? Didn't you disclose it when enlisting? If you did disclose it back then than it can't be used against you now but if you never disclosed it then?
By GerryB
Brian, while I feel your frustration, like everyone is asking, why did you apply if you know there was a recorded incident? That's what a background check is all about. I thank you for your service, but being in the service doesn't override the due diligence they must do. I hope it doesn't make any ripples for your current service.
By Hddreamer
Is Brian even real ? He hasn't commented at all since first post hmmmmmm
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!