Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General posts about firearms, meet fellow members, legal and political issues, strategies and tactics etc
By Harry
My 11 yr kid is getting pretty efficient with his 10/22 and he is developing it as hobby. I was wondering if there are any not so expensive type of clubs where he can participate in some kind of competition?

Thanks in advance
By CTSixshot
I'd suggest the Silver City club in Meriden. They are strictly .22 rimfire, but I don't know what their summer event schedule is.
Same goes for New Haven Sportsmans (North Guilford); the indoor matches are usually in the winter months and vary between rimfire and centerfire each Friday evening.
The Berlin range (Mattabassett R&P Club) holds a rimfire shoot on the fourth Saturday of the month: http://mattabassett.com/events.htm
None of these venues are New Haven proper, but the Elm City club is not a public facility, so unless you are a member or a friend of a member, I can't help you there.
By jtf650
I think Blue Trail Range in Wallingford has programs for kids. I don't really know anything about them or what their focus is but I suspect it's bench rest marksmanship rather than action type shooting.
By Woody
Try the Appleseed project. It's a great program For shooters of all ages. My wife and 11 year old daughter just went through it two weeks ago. Best of all they wave the program fees for women and children! You might have to pay a ten dollar range fee, but the instruction is priceless. Just google Appleseed project for the site.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!