Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By Mopar
Presented for discussion without comment.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011 ... r-1510369/
Tyler, a customer at the BP station, was killed about 8:15 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, inside the store. According to court papers, Smith and Hamiel arrived at the BP together on a single scooter and followed Tyler into the store.

Tyler, 48, had a concealed-carry permit, but his handgun was plainly visible that night in his holster, Johnson said.

"The suspects walk in and one immediately reached for Mr. Tyler's gun," Johnson said. Tyler did not draw his weapon.

According to court papers, Smith took Tyler's gun during a struggle and shot Tyler in the chest after the victim chased Smith inside the store.
Smith then went on to murder someone else a few hours later, most likely with Tyler's gun.
By nvisn
RETENTION RETENTION RETENTION!

If someone goes for my OC handgun they will spend more than enough time trying to remove it for me to stick a tactical folder in their throat.
By sjcolwell2
I guess that would be another reason why i don't carry openly. I'd rather have the upper hand.
By AGust82
I think the "you'll be the first target" theory is nonsense. This is a rational reason to fear OCing though. I liken it to wearing expensive jewelry. Definitely increases your chances of getting a brick to the head and then robbed. If not shot with your own gun. To each his own, but wearing $1000 visibly on my hip goes against my defensive tactics in almost all situations.
By hayes1966
AGust82 wrote: To each his own, but wearing $1000 visibly on my hip goes against my defensive tactics in almost all situations.
I totally agree.
By Rich_B
AGust82 wrote:To each his own, but wearing $1000 visibly on my hip goes against my defensive tactics in almost all situations.
Surprise is not a defensive tactic.
By hayes1966
Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move.
Sun Tzu
By newguy
Ya that how we won the cold war that and we bankrupted Russia by making them increase there defense budget so large they ran out of money lol Gotta keep stuff secret
By GreggAndrews
Surprise is not a defensive tactic.

A gilded lily is more appealing to thieves.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!