Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Laws regarding firearms
By myglimk2
Never knew it was illegal. I was always told you could hunt with a pistol but it had to be carried openly. Now as far as what calibers you can hunt with (State land), I can't remember.
By Stieg
It was legal some years back but only with a 22LR. Then afterwards it was banned all together. I believe the big break though started this year or last and is not allowed on state land. A 357 Magnum and higher is to be used with a min of a 5.75" barrel to a max of 12". Pistol permit must be had in order to hunt with a pistol along with the hunting license. Don't know if anything has been changed since its inception

Section 1. (NEW) (Effective from passage) The commissioner shall issue, upon payment of a five-dollar fee, to the owner of ten or more acres of private land or a resident of this state, who has the consent of the owner of ten or more acres of private land, a private land [ pistol ]or revolver permit that allows the use of a [ pistol ] or revolver, as defined in section 29-27 of the general statutes, to hunt deer from November first to December thirty-first, inclusive, pursuant to the bag limit established for a private land deer permit under subsection (a) of section 26-86a of the general statutes. Any person authorized to hunt deer by [ pistol ] or revolver pursuant to this section shall use a cartridge of .357 caliber or larger for such purpose.

No person may use a handgun for the pursuit, taking or attempted taking of deer on privately owned lands pursuant to Sec. 26-86a, except under the following conditions: (1) the handgun shall be limited to revolvers and single shot pistols with a minimum barrel length of 5.75 inches and not exceeding 12 inches and chambered for and using straight-wall handgun ammunition in .357 to .50 caliber. (2) Full metal jacket bullets may not be used to harvest deer (3) the handgun must be carried openly on a sling or in a holster and not concealed while hunting; (4) handguns shall be used exclusively during any rifle/shotgun season as applicable during which deer may be taken. Handgun use shall only apply to Connecticut residents holding a valid Connecticut permit to carry a pistol or revolver.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/Chap490. ... 26-82a.htm

http://www.ctsportsmen.com/queshandgunhunting10.htm
By Stieg
I have not done it yet. Money is very tight right now and I want to purchase a 6" either in 357 or 44 Magnum new.
By AGust82
22lr handguns are legal to carry and always have been on State land. I always have mine openly on my hip when hunting. At the end of an unsuccessful larger game hunt I like to keep an eye out for squirrels and rabbits.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!