Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.
By newguy
Just wondering how many folks are headed out for opening day. I will be up at 5am. get out were i am going at 5:30 and waiting for the 6am mark to drop my line in the water Opening Day fun as long as you don't have to worry about the newbie next to you hooking ya
By newguy
So i went and go my fishing license this morning 28 bucks ouch if that wasn't bad enough. The bait shop was trying to sell dozen of worms for $5.25 what a rip off. So either i am going to use lures this year or i am gonna wait till Friday night wet a spot in my yard hammer this metal pole rig. I made which works well you cut a piece of extension cord attach ends to metal pole drive pole in ground were you wet ground then you plug the plug in and it slightly shocks the worms and they come to surface it doesn't kill the worms just makes them come to the surface.
By 3319
Electricity and water....

Make sure you dance around the metal pole in bare feet as the little buggers come to the surface.
By newguy
:lol: Your no were near the pipe or water when ya plug it in and you only plug it in for 1 min or so max just enough to shock them abit. I done this a million times without a issue. the cord i use is about 50 feet long so plenty of distance
By 3319
newguy wrote:I done this a million times without a issue.
lol. Well you know what happens now that you said that.
By GreggAndrews
lol. Well you know what happens now that you said that.

As someone who has built, and played with high voltage/high frequency generators... I resemble this statement!!! 8O
By newguy
I been shocked before got a full TV tube worth of power into me before. Not fun, I am careful. Though i will say the guy who showed me how to make the worm shocker was from mountains of West Virgina so go figure lol
By 3319
Is he one of those 'Here, hold my beer' youtube folks?
By newguy
Nope i know this guy personally. I will say he more like one of them guys from the people of Walmart videos but he a nice guy
By magneton44
Dry Mustard and Hot water down the hole.. Less work :)
By JohnFH
rake through a few leaf piles in the yard and I have more bait then I can use in a week. I have kind of just settled for dry flies for where I fish most of the time anyway.
By punisher
That's what I do. I just make a big pile of leaves, soak with hose and come back in a few days.
By newguy
I must just be one of them rednecks like the guy Tim Allen played on Home Improvment gotta do it the hard way with as much power and brute force possible lol I am grunting as I type :lol: Me and my Binford 2000 worm shocker
By newguy
Caught my limit in a hour man that was a short fishing day :lol:

By myglimk2
NICE! 8)

Hoping I can get out with my cousin on the boat next weekend!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!