Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.
By JohnB
first fish of the year, nice lil rainbow caught at SSA

By newguy
Nice i can't wait to go out on the 21st. Up at 5:30am and out to the river by 5:45am then 15 mins of waiting and hoping the person next to me doesn't hook me :lol:
By Drew
fantastic, I been meaning to get out for some bass
By Mike-Sid
It was an heroic fight! We had a great time!
By MadSmith
I've always wanted to try fishing. Using braided jacketed stainless steel cable. Drop the ground line into the water, then cast as normal. When you get a bite, press a button and hold for a second. The half-million-volt stun gun, with one terminal wired into the spool and the other into the ground line, fries the fish's nervous system. Then you reel it in.... :lol:
By Mike-Sid
What happens when your hands and fishing rod are wet? 8O
By newguy
I went up to Maine once when I was like 15 and friend of my dad I spent month with him over summer he took me fishing with concussion grenades in a row boat lol pull pin drop it in water watch bubbles rise then the fish. This guy was a nut but fun to hang out with :lol:
By GixerJockey
Where's SSA?

Dad pulled two, 2+ lb. trout out of the puddle at Meriden Rod and Gun yesterday. He called me to brag. I reminded him that it was a pond the size of a public toilet and that they stuff it so full of big hachery fish that you could walk across them to the other side. He insisted that it was his masterful presentation of a Rooster Tail. I told him he fishes like a girl. :roll:

I, however, yanked 3 fish, including an 18" brown, out of the Boneyard, on the Farmington today. On dry-flys... like a man. :wink:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!