News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

How's the ice at Black pond in Meriden

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Mike-Sid
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Oxford

How's the ice at Black pond in Meriden

Postby Mike-Sid » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 am

Was thinking about going ice fishing Saturday at Black pond in Meriden. Anyone in the area checked out the ice lately?



User avatar
myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 am
Location: Shelton

Postby myglimk2 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:05 am

Not sure about the ice. It should be pretty thick by then with the single digits we're suppose to get.
Need any company on the trip?
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

User avatar
hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II
Posts: 2435
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Central Connecticut
Contact:

Postby hayes1966 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:17 am

I drove by Silver Lake and Hanover Pond yesterday, both were not frozen completely.
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

User avatar
Mike-Sid
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Oxford

Postby Mike-Sid » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Anyone. ...working every day until Saturday. .I don't want to go to black pond for nothing....lake Beeseck is also a possible place.

User avatar
hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II
Posts: 2435
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Central Connecticut
Contact:

Postby hayes1966 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:20 pm

I will take a ride and check it out in a while.
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

User avatar
220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Plainville

Postby 220combat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.
NRA Life Member <br>NAHC Member<br>Southington Sportsmens Association Member<br><br>

User avatar
myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV
Posts: 3870
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:00 am
Location: Shelton

Postby myglimk2 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Should be plenty thick by Saturday.

http://www.wtnh.com/weather/forecast
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."

-David Icke

User avatar
Mike-Sid
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Oxford

Postby Mike-Sid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:31 pm

220combat wrote:Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.


Hayes1966 saw a lot of open water yesterday and ice was only 2" thick. We decided to go fish at the clubs pond Saturday. Why don't you join us? We will be cooking breakfast and lunch! Bring something for the grill.

User avatar
220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Plainville

Postby 220combat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 am

Mike-Sid wrote:
220combat wrote:Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.


Hayes1966 saw a lot of open water yesterday and ice was only 2" thick. We decided to go fish at the clubs pond Saturday. Why don't you join us? We will be cooking breakfast and lunch! Bring something for the grill.


SSA? I didn't think ice fishing was allowed...
NRA Life Member <br>NAHC Member<br>Southington Sportsmens Association Member<br><br>

User avatar
newguy
High Master II
High Master II
Posts: 2012
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:00 am
Location: Portland

Postby newguy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:46 am

They have been ice fishing in Portland off RT66 down in the river inlet pools for last 3 weeks. Alot of pickerle and bass. Just a heads up. I haven't been ice fishing in years. Nothing like a lawn chair some tipups and a bottle of 100 proof Polish Brandy.

User avatar
Mike-Sid
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Oxford

Postby Mike-Sid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:10 am

220combat wrote:
Mike-Sid wrote:
220combat wrote:Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.


Hayes1966 saw a lot of open water yesterday and ice was only 2" thick. We decided to go fish at the clubs pond Saturday. Why don't you join us? We will be cooking breakfast and lunch! Bring something for the grill.


SSA? I didn't think ice fishing was allowed...

Guys say they go there? Know anyone we can ask?

User avatar
220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Plainville

Postby 220combat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:31 pm

I'll have an answer shortly
NRA Life Member <br>NAHC Member<br>Southington Sportsmens Association Member<br><br>

User avatar
220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Plainville

Postby 220combat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:04 pm

220combat wrote:I'll have an answer shortly


I made a call to fish chairman. My thoughts were WRONG! It happens, sometimes. Ice fishing is okay at SSA.

I might show up, depends on how cold I want to get, what time you going?
NRA Life Member <br>NAHC Member<br>Southington Sportsmens Association Member<br><br>

User avatar
Mike-Sid
Expert V
Expert V
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Oxford

Postby Mike-Sid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:04 pm

We are meeting in the lot at 9 Wil is going to take the quad up with all our stuff. It will be fun!

User avatar
220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Plainville

Postby 220combat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:05 pm

Mike-Sid wrote:We are meeting in the lot at 9 Wil is going to take the quad up with all our stuff. It will be fun!


Ok. We'll see how cold it is..



Edit: woke up at 9:30, sorry I missed ya
NRA Life Member <br>NAHC Member<br>Southington Sportsmens Association Member<br><br>


Return to “Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests