Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Anything to do with fishing. Feel free to tell the tale of the one that got away.
By myglimk2
Not sure about the ice. It should be pretty thick by then with the single digits we're suppose to get.
Need any company on the trip?
By hayes1966
I drove by Silver Lake and Hanover Pond yesterday, both were not frozen completely.
By Mike-Sid
Anyone. ...working every day until Saturday. .I don't want to go to black pond for nothing....lake Beeseck is also a possible place.
By hayes1966
I will take a ride and check it out in a while.
By 220combat
Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.
By myglimk2
Should be plenty thick by Saturday.

http://www.wtnh.com/weather/forecast
By Mike-Sid
220combat wrote:Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.

Hayes1966 saw a lot of open water yesterday and ice was only 2" thick. We decided to go fish at the clubs pond Saturday. Why don't you join us? We will be cooking breakfast and lunch! Bring something for the grill.
By 220combat
Mike-Sid wrote:
220combat wrote:Drove down into the lot at black pond a few hours ago. No footprints on the ice yet. Should be good Saturday, after the cold coming tonight.

Hayes1966 saw a lot of open water yesterday and ice was only 2" thick. We decided to go fish at the clubs pond Saturday. Why don't you join us? We will be cooking breakfast and lunch! Bring something for the grill.
SSA? I didn't think ice fishing was allowed...
By newguy
They have been ice fishing in Portland off RT66 down in the river inlet pools for last 3 weeks. Alot of pickerle and bass. Just a heads up. I haven't been ice fishing in years. Nothing like a lawn chair some tipups and a bottle of 100 proof Polish Brandy.
By Mike-Sid
220combat wrote:
Mike-Sid wrote:

SSA? I didn't think ice fishing was allowed...
Guys say they go there? Know anyone we can ask?
By 220combat
I'll have an answer shortly
By 220combat
220combat wrote:I'll have an answer shortly
I made a call to fish chairman. My thoughts were WRONG! It happens, sometimes. Ice fishing is okay at SSA.

I might show up, depends on how cold I want to get, what time you going?
By Mike-Sid
We are meeting in the lot at 9 Wil is going to take the quad up with all our stuff. It will be fun!
By 220combat
Mike-Sid wrote:We are meeting in the lot at 9 Wil is going to take the quad up with all our stuff. It will be fun!
Ok. We'll see how cold it is..

Edit: woke up at 9:30, sorry I missed ya
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!