News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Buying handguns on C&R

C&R Related information.

Moderator: Moderators

220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Buying handguns on C&R

Postby 220combat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 am

If you buy a C&R eligible handgun on your C&R, does the State still need to be called for an authorization number? If so, how does that work when you buy them over the internet, from out of State?

Thanks
Jason

220combat
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Postby 220combat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 am

I was hoping this would be an easy answer. I have called the DPS, and got 2 different answers at 2 different times.

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 am

NEVER ask the police a legal question. They don't know, and if you get screwed you can't say "well the dps told me ...."

DO spend the 150 bucks to talk to a good lawyer, best money I ever spent.

I will say as a C&R holder I only report what I legally need to by FEDERAL law, an FFL is a Federal lic, not State.
Details Count<br>Appleseed it's all about YOU, ask me<br>

phoffer961
Marksman V
Marksman V

Re: Buying handguns on C&R

Postby phoffer961 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 pm

220combat wrote:If you buy a C&R eligible handgun on your C&R, does the State still need to be called for an authorization number? If so, how does that work when you buy them over the internet, from out of State?

Thanks
Jason

I purchased a Nagant revolver off the net and had it shipped to me using my C&R license. I logged it in my log book and that was it! Please consult an attorney to be on the safe side.

Return to “C&R Information”