Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By MessEleven
Just got this from Midway. Very happy they're not killing all sales like Cheaper Than Dirt!

Dear Jim,

On April 4, 2013, Connecticut Public Act 13-220 was signed into law by Governor Malloy. Among other things, this law implements licensing requirements for the sale of all magazines and ammunition beginning October 1, 2013. In order to be compliant with the new law on its effective date, we will be restricting the sale of all ammunition and magazines to Connecticut beginning September 17, 2013. This allows for all in transit products to arrive in Connecticut by the law's effective date.

In order for any existing backorders to release and to continue purchasing magazines or ammunition after this date, you must be the holder of one of the following permits/certificates: CT Carry Permit, Eligibility Certificate, Long Gun Eligibility Certificate or Ammunition Certificate. Furthermore, one of these must be on file with your MidwayUSA account.

The Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection is responsible for the administration of these permits/certificates. Please visit the DESPP website for instructions and many of the necessary forms to apply for these certificates:

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494616

Once you have obtained one of the above documents or if you already have one: please email ([email protected]) or fax (1-800-992-8312) a copy to us along with a government-issue photo ID and we will update your account to prevent any disruption in our ability to serve you.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and sincerely appreciate your business.
Sincerely,

MidwayUSA
Customer Service
By jerryd
Sent a copy of Ct PP got a reply that im on file now ok to buy ammo and other stuff.
By Sebring_Pop
Thanks for the info

Pop
By newguy
You don't have to go thru all this BS for reloading components. Do you ?
By jerryd
Apparently yes! Thank our Shiphead Gov.!
By CTSixshot
I'd say just send any of the firms you deal with a copy, since our wise leaders will ultimatly close the component "loophole" and the companies will want to be covered anyways.
By mu2bdriver
I sent my stuff and got about a 5 minute turnaround. Midway's always been on top of their game with me.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!