Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By PaiN
Anyone want to join in a small ride to Mt. Graylock in MA this weekend?
Right now its open to Sat or Sun dependent on who wants to go and when.

PM me
Roll on...... 8)
By mu2bdriver
Just was there on 4 wheels. The road is open, plenty of parking at the summit, and a great drive up through western MA.
By PaiN
mu2bdriver wrote:Just was there on 4 wheels..
Too bad for them..... :lol:

Its going to be a great ride, I hope we can get more than two bikes but no matter.
By Mike-Sid
I can do Saturday, but just not too early, I'm going to see the Stones Friday night in Philly. I work Sundays. What kinda times did you have in mind?
By PaiN
Mike-Sid wrote: What kinda times did you have in mind?
We are planning to leave in the morning by 10 or 11
By Mike-Sid
That would work, 11 Saturday would be perfect for me. We can meet up somewhere off rt 8. Or you tell me!
By PaiN
Mike-Sid wrote:That would work, 11 Saturday would be perfect for me. We can meet up somewhere off rt 8. Or you tell me!
I'll talk with the other rider(s) today and get back to you asap.
By PaiN
Hermes, thanks for posting and for the great ride....
Perfect weather, tasty food, awe inspiring views, good guys with cool bikes, 300 mi rolled off ...all in all I'd call it a pretty good day 8)
By Mike-Sid
Thanks for taking the pictures. I think we all had a great day. I sure as hell did! Pain did a great job leading the pack most of the time. When he was unsure of where to go, he got a local biker to lead us to the entrance of Mt. Greylock! 8O
By Mike-Sid
Where is our next ride going to be to? Somewhere in the Catskill's?
By CTSixshot
Might I suggest Bash Bish Falls up in Mt. Washington, MA?
Go up the backside via Rt 41, hit some mountain trals (perfectly navigable via motorcycle and automobile), catch the overlook above the falls and hike down to the falls. Exit down the hill into New York and back via Rt 22 (gorgeous farm country) down to Millerton and Rt 44 back to CT.
Make sure you take Rt 112, pass the Hotchkiss School and through Lime Rock, then Rt 7 South to the covered bridge on Rt128 in West Cornwall. You can figure out the rest.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!