Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By CTSixshot
Train is leaving....Hoooo...hooooooot!
Last edited by CTSixshot on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Savage99
Thanks for the invitation CTSixshot. Thats a little far for me to just stop in a gunshop as I am up here in Litchfield. If there is something special there however please tell.

I am going to do the same as you and stop at the Autumn Gun Works in Goshen. They have the kind of stuff I like which primarily is classic hunting rifles.

Here is a picture taken at the Autumn Gun Works.

By CTSixshot
I agree, Savage99...I have to trek up to AGW this Spring. You probably know my cousin Clyde B. just down the driveway from Chris' shop.

Usually, AGW is my cast bullet source, but I'm not in Torrington/Bakersville anymore, so I rarely get by there. Don't seem to cast much these days for all the trouble it is.

I'm hoping to uncover some 8x50R at Hansen's but what is of interest to you? They come across some decent collections here and there, so you have to keep checking in from time to time.

My latest finds have been some Nagant ammo and some Webley fodder. Nothing that exotic, but it's not always easy to find. It (the 7.62x38R, at least) is all sold.

Seems as though even .380 ACP is hard to find, according to what I hear on the various gun boards.
By Savage99
I asked Chris if he had a fancy strap or carry sling for a nice rifle that would not mar it. He did not have one right there so I will look on the net later.

Of course I am always looking for some deal etc LOL.

By SigFan
Image[/quote]

Dude, your cat looks freaked out.
By CTSixshot
Finally got a glimpse of the 8x50R ammo. It's Czech 1935 Steel-jacketed RN (.322" dia. head of mouth), clean, no corrosion, almost looks like it was made in 21st century, it's so clean!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!