Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By CTSixshot
Anyone want .380 ammo? I can get some Russian 9x17 Kurz for under $15 a box of 50, but I'm not going to build inventory, if it won't move. Let me know ASAP. This is likely berdan-primed.
ALL SOLD
This is 6 gram (~92 grain) JRN, non-corrosive. Novosibirsk LVE-Plant, Russia.
Limited quantities.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CTSixshot
Ditto on the Wal-Mart answer. Also most gun shops have ample 9mm. Oh...you seek 9mm Luger at $7.50 a box or less! Hmmmmm...good luck!

I can't hardly reload for less than that...bullets alone are almost 15 cents a piece. There are about 500 rounds remaining in my scant inventory; some older commercial fodder and some 95 gr JRN and other JHP loads that I've loaded.
By djmiked
Not sure where you are buying your bullets, but I just bought some 9mm 124 gr FMJ bullets for $0.072 each delivered. If you buy in quantity it's a little less.
By CTSixshot
Just an approximate rate based on 100 round boxes of Hornady fodder at the last gun shop I was at and scanned the shelf of 9mm bullets.... $11 - $19. Bulk mail-order is much better, agreed.
By nyalex98
Good info, thanks.
My problem with Walmart - they are always sold out at least around my area (Stratford) and they tell me that there is non at their warehouse.
My local gun shops want $15 or more for a box of 50 (Win 9X19/115gr)
I feel like investing in a reloading press and start picking up t all the brass at the range.
Is there a Not-OnLine source where i can buy in bulk?
$200 or less for 1000 rounds sounds OK.
By CTSixshot
nyalex98:

http://www.ammoengine.com/

I was in the Stratford WMT this week just to look for myself. I think there was one box of Remington .223 and some .30-06, rimfire and shotshells.

Get reloading regardless of ammo availability; it will do you good. (Kind of like flyfishing with your own hand-tied flies.)

You'll have to find someone with a stash of 9x19 who's willing to sell otherwise. I don't have that much, only about 200 factory loads, mostly berdan-primed JRN. *11 50* (Interarms packaging) and 5 K 3 with green primer sealant (Swedish??). Other Fabrique Nationale...etc.
By HK45ACP
We can't find any ammo what so ever. I have called ever distributer and commercial outlet and online. Everyone get use to this from what I have been told it is just going to get worse. We have had to increase our prices as well because the stuff we can get is through the roof.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!