Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By denick
Okay, How do I, we, do this? I've never done any "organizing" but I don't have any excuse. No work, weathers rotten so I have the time.

I live in Lakeville. The farthest northwest corner of the state. Not a whole lot of people here to motivate. But I'm meeting people who just don't know what to do. I think their afraid.I know I'm not brimming over with confidence about going to the Capitol.

So how do I or anybody get people moving. Many of you may dismiss what I'm saying. But many good people need help to be good people.

Things they need to know or "get over".

Information on the event,
Websites of every group involved or promoting in the event
Directions
Parking
Where to eat
How to get around the Capitol
Phone numbers of their Reps and Bill sponsors
Car Pool or rides
Local contacts

I'm asking you who know, to pile every piece of knowledge about the event, the Capitol, how to speak, anything in a thread here.

My cell phone is 860-671-1018 Nick
By Mike-Sid
nvisn wrote:I will be picketing and OCing outside on the sidewalk. I do not have any patience or decorum left to deal with these assholes face to face, and the last thing I need is to be arrested on the day before my vacation.
I will stand with you!
By nvisn
Awesome Mike. I am taking the Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED course and will be leaving from Darien around noon. I hope to be there by 1:30 PM. Tonight I'm going to work on my Molon Labe sign to picket with.
By hayes1966
nvisn wrote:I will be picketing and OCing outside on the sidewalk. I do not have any patience or decorum left to deal with these assholes face to face, and the last thing I need is to be arrested on the day before my vacation.
• This event is NOT a Rally, it is a citizen Lobby Day! Some are talking about coming armed to the Capitol for a rally! This talk needs to be debunked asap! NO GUNS !!!!!
• Click on the red URL for information.
• Buses will be available at Cabela's in E. Hartford on a regular basis. We urge you to car-pool since at Cabela's there is only so much parking.
• Most of the activity will be in the Legislative Office Building (LOB) where legislative offices are located. This weekend we will provide directions on how to navigate the LOB and find YOUR legislators.
• Tables will be set up to provide you with signs, stickers, badges, membership aps, etc in the LOB atrium.
• Bring any written comments and leave them with your legislators.
• Directions to both the LOB and Cabela's will be provided.
Connecticut: Join NRA and Other Second Amendment Supporters for a Lobby Day to Protect Your Rights on March 11!! Come to Hartford to Protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Click on the following for more info:
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... =10471&ps=

More info wwill follow on specific recommendations from the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group of the Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety.

Five $500 Cabela's gift certificates will be given away to attendees the Lobby Day.
By Mike-Sid
Nvisn, I will be there closer to 10am, not sure If I will still be there at 13:30 or not.
By hayes1966
Read the fine print on this bill .. most high end target pistols will be banned.

(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location 88 outside of the pistol grip; or

By BugGuts
I have a question about parking on Lobby Day (Monday).

Will ordinary citizens be allowed to park in the Legislative Office Building (LOB) parking lot? This might be more convenient for some attendees than taking the shuttle from Cabelas which is about five miles from the LOB.

I get the picture on the NO GUNS rule. They had metal detectors in operation at the LOB back on the January 28th gun task force testimony day. I wouldn't want to get "cuffed and stuffed" by Capitol Police for having a gun or a knife on me.

The weather for Monday in Hartford is supposed to be cloudy and mild in the mid-fifties...no rain until late Monday night
By BugGuts
I'd like to thank all the volunteers who helped with Lobby Day and thank Cabela's for the shuttle buses. The LOB parking was filled up when I got there so I popped over to Cabela's and took the shuttle.

Cabela's parking was about as full as I've ever seen it. I'm sure there were thousands of gun rights supporters at the rally.
By nvisn
Thanks to all who went.
By denick
We were there 10-12 there were large numbers attending. I met JohnFH and his wife. Good people.

The people attending were very nice people. they were respectful, polite, friendly, helpful. The kind of people to be associated with.
By hayes1966
JohnB, Mike-Sid, 762-4-u, Flavio and I went today. We met with the senators/reps that were there and left cards for the rest.

Great crowd showed up.

Thursday is another day!!
Last edited by hayes1966 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nvisn
mopar and I attended together. We were the 2nd shift.
By JohnB
i actually met with a pro gun democrat rep, i told him that gives us hope..he told me..theres always hope
By nvisn
JohnB wrote:i actually met with a pro gun democrat rep, i told him that gives us hope..he told me..theres always hope
Dafaq?
By JohnB
wut ?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!