Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
Connecticut: Join NRA and Other Second Amendment Supporters for a Lobby Day to Protect Your Rights on March 11!! Come to Hartford to Protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Click on the following for more info:
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state ... =10471&ps=

More info wwill follow on specific recommendations from the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group of the Bipartisan Task Force on Gun Violence Prevention and Children’s Safety.

Five $500 Cabela's gift certificates will be given away to attendees the Lobby Day.
Last edited by hayes1966 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mopar
CCDL is one of the sponsors of this.
This will possibly be the last chance you have to be heard before they vote on many of these bills. The antigunners will be there the day after, we need to make SURE there is no way they outnumber us!
There will be free parking at Cabela's, with shuttle buses running back and forth to the LOB from 8am until 4pm. What better way to spend the day fighting for your rights and then finish it up with a shopping trip to Cabela's?
If you plan on talking to your legislators while there, try to schedule and appointment with their office ASAP. We plan to keep them VERY busy that day. :)

http://ccdl.us/blog/2013/03/06/lobby-da ... y-3112013/
By 05roadking
Is this an all day affair? I cant be there at 10, more like noon.
By Mopar
The Cabelas shuttles will be running from 8am until 4pm. Stop on down!
By coldwater
Im in, bringing one buddy, maybe 2. I hope like hell there will be a good crowd.
By hayes1966
coldwater wrote:Im in, bringing one buddy, maybe 2. I hope like hell there will be a good crowd.
Considering the fact that more people are viewing the classifieds that this post I doubt it. There was a good crowd at the public hearings but a lot of firearm owners stayed home from the out door rally, probably too cold for them.

I will take time off and go to this event.

It is too important to leave to someone else.

Time to step up to the plate, the people who are crying to take away or rights will be there in numbers on Tuesday!
By Mike-Sid
hayes1966 wrote:
Time to step up to the plate, the people who are crying to take away or rights will be there in numbers on Tuesday!
Who's crying on Tuesday???
hayes1966 wrote:
Considering the fact that more people are viewing the classifieds that this post I doubt it.
I don't get what you are saying here?
By myglimk2
Maybe we should post this in the classifieds as well! 8O
By Mopar
Mike-Sid wrote:
hayes1966 wrote:
Who's crying on Tuesday???
hayes1966 wrote:
Considering the fact that more people are viewing the classifieds that this post I doubt it.
I don't get what you are saying here?
He's saying the anti's are planning on doing the same thing the day after we do. To the best of my knowlege they only decided to do it when some antigun $%^# inside the Capitol leaked this even to them, because they were talking about our event before any of the 4 sponsoring organizations had mentioned it.
In any case, we know from experience how the media will spin it. Out rally was twice the size of theirs from the pictures, but the media said ours was "hundreds" or "one thousand", and the same media claimed their rally was "over 5,500".
We need to be so overpowering, like we were for the hearings, that there is no possible way to spin the numbers.
By zeykshade
I may be in the minority here as I'm a progressive liberal. I'm new to the boards as well and this is my first post. So, Hello.

I found a nice article online that sums up pretty much exactly how I've felt about the 2nd Amendment my entire adult life. This is also a very helpful tool if discussing this issue with Liberals.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/07/0 ... -Amendment
By nvisn
zeykshade wrote:I may be in the minority here as I'm a progressive liberal. I'm new to the boards as well and this is my first post. So, Hello.

I found a nice article online that sums up pretty much exactly how I've felt about the 2nd Amendment my entire adult life. This is also a very helpful tool if discussing this issue with Liberals.

As a anarcho-libertarian I love to see this sentiment.
zeykshade wrote:I may be in the minority here as I'm a progressive liberal. I'm new to the boards as well and this is my first post. So, Hello.

Welcome to the forum. Interesting article.
Two rants:
-I work with guy who is a local club board member, hes not going, has use or lose leave, nothing urgent at work. WTF!
-I think many people have the attitude; I get to keep my AR so I'm good, no reason to go.

So Im taking leave to go.
I sure would like to know which of my clubs board members are going.

So why would someone who doesn't shoot, doesnt go to theae rallies be on a gun club board? Ans: A little man trying to be somebody?

Singed pissed off!
By nvisn
I will be picketing and OCing outside on the sidewalk. I do not have any patience or decorum left to deal with these assholes face to face, and the last thing I need is to be arrested on the day before my vacation.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!