Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By nvisn
Mopar wrote: Don't come across like the redneck militia.
HAY! I represent that!
By Mopar
The only redneck I've ever seen wear a sweatervest.
By 19-3ben
Any suggestions on where to park?
If the LOB visitor's lot is open, that might be a good place. Otherwise, there is plenty of on street parking along Washington St and Russ St. very nearby.
By hayes1966
I hope that people actually make an effort to turn up to this thing. If the media shows 300 people attending this tomorrow you might as well hand over your guns now.
By KenT
I dont know Hartford well. Wheres the best place to park? If someone wants to let me ride with them, I can meet off 91 around meriden too. How long are these events usually? Never been to one. Wife has plans so I have to be home afternoon sometime around 4-5 to watch the little one.
By 19-3ben
hayes1966 wrote:I hope that people actually make an effort to turn up to this thing. If the media shows 300 people attending this tomorrow you might as well hand over your guns now.
If 300 people show up tomorrow, that's gonna be 300 very confused gun owners!
(pssst... today is only Thursday. The rally is Saturday) :wink:

I can account for my father and I being there. Tried to get mom, but she's a doctor and is on call in Stamford.
By 19-3ben
It's ok. I don't think you were wrong, you were just early.

If you posted it today, it would be spot on! :lol:
By CaptMac
Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you read this before noon on January 19, 2013, while in Connecticut, please head to the Capitol in Hartford.

This is our liberty that is at risk, ALL OF IT!

I am an Appleseed instructor, I feel I must go. I go to Appleseeds and speech of the men that left their homes on April 19, 1775 to face the worlds most powerful military. They risked all, and they did so not know what would happen, but they did it for LIBERTY!

Sam Whittemore was 78 and was seriously injured, shot in the face and bayoneted at least 13 times. Josiah Haynes was at least 79 and was killed. How much oonger do you think these men believed they would live? I think not many years in 1775. But they were fighting for LIBERTY! But with so few years to live, it was not their own liberty, it was ours. Think for one moment about meeting these men in the hereafter and explaining to them why you did not show tomorrow? I cannot see myself offering any excuse, so I will be there.

Please join us.
By hayes1966
Well said!

I will be leaving Meriden at 11 if anyone wants to carpool.
By punisher
Honestly at that time there is plenty of parking in the surrounding streets. Just bring change just in case cause the parking meter laws change all the time!!!
By punisher
Please show up.
We need need everybody on this.
I have my daughter and nephews tomorrow and ill just bring them with me.
This is the time to show YOUR support on our rights being infringed upon.
By PaiN
punisher wrote:Please show up.
We need need everybody on this.
I have my daughter and nephews tomorrow and ill just bring them with me.
This is the time to show YOUR support on our rights being infringed upon.
Looks like my daughter is going to have to tag along also.....Oh well, like I always tell her; "It'll be nice father and son time" :?
By Mopar
see y'all there!
By newguy
If anyone else hasn't noticed seems all the Connecticut News Channels are serious Hush Hush about this.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!