Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By PaiN
I talked with Dom yesterday, the guy setting up plate matches at Southington Sportsmans Club(my new haunt)and he asked if could help out. He also said they are planning these matches for Sunday mornings
By CTSixshot
Alright PaiN!

Some club community service will help keep you out of trouble, huh?

Good for you!
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Alright PaiN!

Some club community service will help keep you out of trouble, huh?

Good for you!
There a 10 hour\1st year work commitment for new members...seems like a good way to do it :wink:
By CTSixshot
Mattabassett does appear to have a centerfire shoot this Saturday, 14 March 2009:

Here's what I got from a member at MRPC Monday evening:

"Actually I'll be sending out a mass email confirmation tomorrow that there will be an MRPC shoot this Saturday, 3-14-09 at 9:00am. CF pistol followed by CF rifle of some sort. Open to the public, but all non-members pay $10 per event, meaning $10 pistol and also another $10 rifle."
By Arby238
CTSixshot wrote:Mattabassett does appear to have a centerfire shoot this Saturday, 14 March 2009:

Here's what I got from a member at MRPC Monday evening:

"Actually I'll be sending out a mass email confirmation tomorrow that there will be an MRPC shoot this Saturday, 3-14-09 at 9:00am. CF pistol followed by CF rifle of some sort. Open to the public, but all non-members pay $10 per event, meaning $10 pistol and also another $10 rifle."
I stopped in there last Saturday and that is the same thing they told me. The 2nd and 4th Saturdays.
By CTSixshot
Sadly, they have scaled their schedule back; they used to have a shoot every Saturday. Used to be $8 for both shoots, too. Well, sign of the times, I guess.
If they shoot bowling pins for the rifle match, you'll like that! I'd go this week, but I've commited to the Meriden event.
By CTSixshot
Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:00am Center-fire handgun on plates, followed by 11:30/12:00ish Center-fire rifle of some sort. NOTE: We are hoping for CF rifle on bowling pins, however, we may end up doing pistol caliber carbine on plates. Please be aware and come prepared.

Saturday, March 28, 2009 9:00am .22 handgun on plates, followed by 11:30/12:00ish .22 rifle on plates.

New rates. Members $ 5.00 per shoot (ie, pistol is one shoot, rifle is a second shoot). Non-members $10.00 per shoot (ie, pistol is one shoot, rifle is a second shoot). Women and children no longer shoot free, they pay too.

PLEASE REMEMBER, shoots are outdoors and therefore weather permitting and/or enough attendance permitting. Often this is not determined by the match director until the morning of the shoot at the range. Schedule is subject to change/cancel without notice.
By hayes1966
PaiN wrote:I talked with Dom yesterday, the guy setting up plate matches at Southington Sportsmans Club(my new haunt)and he asked if could help out. He also said they are planning these matches for Sunday mornings
Is that the same Dom B that used to be at Bell City?
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:
PaiN wrote:I talked with Dom yesterday, the guy setting up plate matches at Southington Sportsmans Club(my new haunt)and he asked if could help out. He also said they are planning these matches for Sunday mornings
Is that the same Dom B that used to be at Bell City?
Not sure....I'll have ask as he's slave driving me at the SSC ..hehe
By hayes1966
Pain this is the wrong Dom.

I would like to take a run over the club if you are around some time.
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:Pain this is the wrong Dom.

I would like to take a run over the club if you are around some time.
Sure ....but what club?
I am 150% going to get some trigger time in this weekend, atm planning on Southington Sportsman's Sunday to try out my new range(and the new 10/22) although, I'm willing to go anywhere.
By hayes1966
Southington Sportsman's
By PaiN
hayes...I'm getting to SSC in the morning some where between 9-10.
By hayes1966
I have a side job I have to go to ..
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!