Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
From: http://ctcarry.com/Announcement/Details ... 28803314bc

Weston’s gun ban needs to be fought by the power of the pen

Connecticut, January 10, 2013:

After attending the police commissioner’s meeting, it is clear what we need to do going forward.

• Write the selectmen. First Selectwoman Gayle Weinstein and Dennis H. Tracey III are the ones pushing this ordinance. Dennis Tracey wrote the bill. Let them know that their bill will fail to protect anyone and that they are in way over their heads and need to back out now.

• Write the police commissioners. Thank them for their sober thinking on not rushing forward to discuss such a ridiculous bill. Express your concern for their police officers and public safety should this bill pass. Include plenty of statistics and thoughts about the costs and ramifications that will result from going forward with this bill.

• Write the Police Chief. Police Chief John Troxell showed calm and rational thinking during the commission meeting and should be commended for not jumping on the gun ban bandwagon. Insist that he do his best to squash this bill, and tell him he has our support going forward to fight this bill or refuse to enforce it should it pass.

Please remember to be calm, rational, polite and professional. But also remember how serious this issue is. The police commissioners and police department should be considered friendly right now. They did stand up to Gayle Weinstein and put this ordinance off, and the feeling in the room was that there was very little support for such a bill in Weston.

Contact information here: http://ctcarry.com/WestonBan/Contacts

If you have additional contact information that could be useful, please send it to me so I can share it with everyone.

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: [email protected]
http://ctcarry.com
By SR9
Rich,

I took the time to write to each group you outlined and was very pleasantly surprised at a return email I received. For the sake of confidentiality all I will say is that my email was very appreciated by the rational people and was of great encouragement to them.

Everyone, please email those on the town web site, it does make a difference. The antis may never be changed but those that are rational and intelligent will be encouraged.
By ernhartfan3
e-mails sent
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!