Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By Malaga2
Mopar wrote:Then how does this really do anything? Anyone who wants to see what we're up to can make a free acount with a throw away email address and look around. It would be about as effective as all the gun control laws are at preventing crime.
Agreed...
By mberoose
Only thing I could think of is to base access on a restricted sub-section to join date, rather than post count. i.e., must have been a member for 2/3/XX amount of months before you gain access. Maybe even a combination, XX amount of months and XX number of posts.
By CaptMac
Mopar wrote:Then how does this really do anything? Anyone who wants to see what we're up to can make a free acount with a throw away email address and look around. It would be about as effective as all the gun control laws are at preventing crime.
Agree.

When I go to the range and see someone do something unsafe, what should I do? I would hope most of you tell me to say something and stop it. The point is that shooters regulate their own behavior, and we should be able to do so when it comes to forum posting.

Trying to be secret about our behavior won't get us far.

Governing ourselves, so that we are not governed might.
By hayes1966
Locking down the site won't accomplish much as the number of new users has jumped in the past several weeks.
By MessEleven
Then instead of locking it down, is it possible to require approval from an admin before you can access the site? Many sites have this feature, but not sure if it's possible with the PHP board.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!