Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By myglimk2
Is there a way to keep non members from viewing any part of this site? [/list]
By JohnFH
be very careful what you post on a public fourm, the state can use that to make you out as mentally unstable and there for unsuitable to own guns, they won't just come to your house, they will try to get you where you are most vunerable like leaving work or driving home.
By myglimk2
The founder of CTGT did it to keep prying eyes out.
By hayes1966
Yes you can, JohnB/Sherrie any views on this?
By AGust82
I understand why you might want that but then how would the site grow? No more new members? Another site I use has a entrance questionnaire. If you don't answer correctly you can't get on. If the questions are right it should keep out non-gun people.
By KenT
Then can you make one area private?
By myglimk2
AGust82 wrote:I understand why you might want that but then how would the site grow? No more new members? Another site I use has a entrance questionnaire. If you don't answer correctly you can't get on. If the questions are right it should keep out non-gun people.
It would only be locking the site from people wanting to browse. It would be so if someone new wanted to browse they would have to become a member.
By hayes1966
Currently only the classifieds section is locked out. The rest is open.
By myglimk2
hayes1966 wrote:Currently only the classifieds section is locked out. The rest is open.
Exactly like that but have everything else locked out as well.
By magneton44
Establish a FORUM MEMEBERS ONLY Section :

Forum Members Only
This forum section is restricted to registered CTSHOOTING Members only. It is reserved for contests, forum and manufacturer announcements, etc. Any information in this forum shall only be discussed in this forum.
Something like it?
:wink:
By Hddreamer
+1For the whole private forum thing ,it's free and if you want to look around in the site join it take only a couple of minutes .
By SR9
I agree, good idea. Lock it up. Another suggestion might take the form of sponsorship, like being in a club. That might be a bit restrictive though.
By Mopar
Then how does this really do anything? Anyone who wants to see what we're up to can make a free acount with a throw away email address and look around. It would be about as effective as all the gun control laws are at preventing crime.
By KenT
Mopars right. Id suggest starting a new site or a secured area within this site for people that know each other in person.. I wont make the cut but whatever it takes to get it going. Also an email chain is doable too.. but most of you probably already have that going I hope.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!