Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By CTSixshot
ATTENTION! NO SHOOT ON 7 MARCH! For some reason I had it in my head that the 7th was the second Saturday in March. Do-aah!
Mattabassett RPC looks to be starting up on March 7th with centerfire matches: handgun/plates & rifle/bowling pins. Not sure which event starts first, but it usually starts at 0930 hours. This is subject to confirmation.
Tenatively, they will do c/f on the 2nd Saturday and r/f on the 4th Saturday. Stay tuned!

Every 2nd Saturday of the Month

Centerfire Rifle and Pistol Speed Shoots

Centerfire Pistol Shoot starts at 9:00 AM
Man on Man Format.
Targets: Five (5) Eight-inch (8") steel plates for each shooter.
Ammunition Caliber: Any center-fire 9mm and up.
Start Position: Draw from Holster.
Equipment: Eye and Ear protection is required for all participants and spectators.
A vertical outside the pants holster and mag pouches.
Awards: Match Trophies and plaques in Class A, B, and C from Masters to Beginners.

Centerfire Rifle Shoot starts at 11:30-11:45 AM
(Immediately following the Pistol Shoot)
Man on Man Format.
Targets: Five (5) Bowling pins for each shooter.
Ammunition Caliber: Any center-fire.
Start Position: Sights on target.
Equipment: Eye and Ear protection is required for all participants and spectators.
Awards: Match Trophies and plaques in Class A, B, and C from Masters to Beginners.
Fees: $5.00 each event for members $10 for non members.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By randolf
hi ctsix
is that a seperate event between handgun and pistol? I mean are they doing 2 gun competition or 1 event after another?
By CTSixshot
The Mattabassett club centerfire shoots are two events:
1)rifle pins and, 2) handgun plates. I don't know which will go first this Saturday. Normally, 0930 hour start. These are man-on-man events, usually three people at a time; iron sights.
If you shoot both, you normally get a slight price break. I've heard that they will be increasing their non-member entry fees (used to be $5 per shoot/$8 for both). Call me that morning, if you don't want to waste a trip. Hopefully, I'll have more complete information by then. 203 545 6669

Bring your International Orange bullets due to the snow.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By randolf
is the ar .223 is allowed? scope or iron sight?
By CTSixshot
Yes indeed, Randolf! Any centerfire rifle with iron sights will work. If a scoped rifle is all you have, they may let you shoot with a plate disadvantage. No guarantees, of course.
Also, be mindful that if it's frigid, they may not shoot pins, but end up doing a pistol-caliber carbine plate shoot for the rifle event. That leaves me out, too, unless I shoot someone else's carbine.
I'll try to get clarification b4 Saturday.

They probably won't allow .50 BMG...
The .223 MC often pass right thru the pins, but that's the AR shooter's problem...bring some soft points, if you have them.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By hayes1966
I took the scope off my first ar so I could go to one of these matches and never ended up going. I should try this with the AR45 :)
By CTSixshot
Surely...come on along hayes1966. PaiN, Randolf and I should be there, too.
If you have an AR in .45 ACP, you'll be covered in either event. Like I said, I'll post any updated info I receive b4 Saturday.
The others will vouch for MRPC being a fine venue, I'm sure.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!