Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By Rich_B
State vs Duane Doutel has been dismissed
The aftermath of the judicial malfeasance ‘will not be pretty’

Norwalk, Connecticut, 7/30/2012:
Mr. Duane Doutel and his Attorney Rachel M. Baird appeared at the Norwalk courthouse (GA20) this morning for the newest leg of the ridiculous saga that has befallen Mr. Doutel. Mr. Doutel’s case was called first and a surprised and befuddled Magistrate tried to play catch up as the prosecution announced that they were willing to ‘nolle’ the charges after a year and five months. Attorney Baird made clear Mr. Doutel’s intent to see this trial through to a dismissal no matter what and that they had no plan to take a compromise like a nolle.
The prosecution completed their spineless slithering by agreeing to dismiss the charges rather than facing the onslaught that they knew would be delivered in a trial. We are confident this was a wise move for the prosecution.
Mr. Doutel’s criminal case has gone through three charges sequentially, each being dropped for a lesser charge each time the prosecution was challenged:
• Threatening in the Second Degree (Class A misdemeanor)
• Harrassment in the Second Degree (Class C misdemeanor)
• Creating a public disturbance (Infraction)
The record of charges shows that the prosecution from the start knew that they had no case and that they only pursued the prosecution of these charges to penalize Mr. Doutel for standing up for himself.
Connecticut Carry commends Mr. Doutel for standing up for himself, for his rights and for standing up for the rights of citizens all across Connecticut by not laying down and surrendering to the ‘contempt of prosecution’ malice brought against him.
Our sincerest thanks and congratulations go out to Mr. Doutel and all the players in Mr. Doutel’s defense counsel. They have truly made a ‘dream team’ which protected a citizen’s rights and stopped a runaway prosecution and a careless court from taking a man’s liberties without cause.
Stay tuned for the ensuing payback exacted via Federal civil right suits.
More information on this issue can be found on http://ctcarry.com/NorwalkvDoutel
Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Richard Burgess
President
Connecticut Carry, Inc
Ph: 203-208-9577
Email: [email protected]
http://ctcarry.com
Last edited by Rich_B on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By nvisn
I hope Mr Doutel bankrupts the City of Norwalk.
By Mopar
nvisn wrote:I hope Mr Doutel bankrupts the City of Norwalk.
Except he said FEDERAL, so guess who get's bankrupted? All of us.
By GreggAndrews
Mopar wrote:
Well, bad word me in the ass & call me Sally.

Yay. More money that will probably get taken out of my paycheck.
By nvisn
What needs to change is LEOs need to be personally accountable for civil penaltys being carried out "while following orders". Until there is personal accountability nothing changes.
By Mopar
Don't get me wrong, I do think Mr. Doutel deserves to be well compensated for his time and expense etc. I just wish the money came directly from those causing it, not the taxpayers.
By doug
I'm late to the game, can someone explain what happened or what started the case? I skimmed through the Connecticut Carry's website but didn't see what spurred this.
By Rich_B
Mopar wrote:
What is your understanding of how a judge or jury in a Federal civil suit awards damages?
By Rich_B
Rich_B wrote:
Mopar wrote:
What is your understanding of how a judge or jury in a Federal civil suit awards damages?
I will answer. Someone needs to.

Any award or settlement or any other damages come from Norwalk and (most likely) Norwalk's insurance company.

The fact that something is a Federal case makes exactly zero difference in where the damages are awarded from or anything else. The difference is whether the scope of the case is heard in Federal court by Federal judges or in State Superior court by State judges.

For a 1983 civil rights case, the case kind of has to be filed in Federal court. The only other option is to file in State Superior court where it will be subsequently bumped to Federal court. 1983 refers to the section of the US code which speaks to civil rights deprivations. Therefore, it is federal law. A state court isn't going to be much good in enforcing Federal law.

So I must ask, why did you assert that this would 'bankrupt us all'?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!