Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By PaiN
Too bad it is also CFR night at New Haven Sportsman's Club, Inc
http://nhsc-fnp.com/
I've been itching to give the Taurus 66 a work out on the plates [/b]
By resinator
Just got back from the Silver City practice match and we had a good turnout, even with the holiday. Picked up a few new members also. Good time by all and got to shoot a lot tonight. Several wanted to stay after, so we hung around until about 11:00 PM. :D
By PaiN
funny two of the regulars I know from Silver City turned up at New Haven last night.
By resinator
:wink: Yep---a few of our members wanted to try out their center fire pistols.. Good time by all...
By PaiN
I'd have to put switch over to a red dot on my 10/22 Target...it might be fun, I'd like to try it out on the plates
By resinator
If you don't want to change it over PaiN, I will bring a couple of mine up, and you can use them... :D

By hayes1966
Richy .. where is the Green one .. do you have something against the environment ?

(nice toys, cpc work?)
By resinator
Well it was either a green one or a red one, and you know what I choose. The carbon fiber barrel w/comp is a real good Ruger for the plate matches. Real light and easy to bring up quick.
Yes, Randy did all the work on the receiver and bolt work, and has worked on over a dozen others at the club. His work is superior.

I also have a GSG5 and a CZ V-22 complete upper for my Bushmaster modular carbine. The .22's are not only fun, but cheap to shoot. They get a lot more use than all the hi-powers.

I like to make the pistol caliber carbine matches up at NHSC with the two HK MP5 replicas that I have, when they hold them.

When are you going to come up and shoot the plate matches at Silver City. We have made so many improvements, a solid floor to shoot off and the heat system we put by the plates works out real good. If you go to the pictures on the website, you will even see one member shooting in a t-shirt last week !!!! :roll: :D
By PaiN
Thanks for the offer res :) but I did the change over and the guys were good enough to let me sight in before to match.
As usual the match was a blast, the 10/22 Target is accurate as all hell, but far to heavy for competition....Even though I thought I shot well(for me) I failed to win a single round.
oh well...blame it on the rile hehehe :oops:
By resinator
I am glad that you went PaiN. :D You are right about the members always trying to help anyone that needs some. I got home a little late from work and ended up staying home. I hate missing the rifle match though. I know its a disadvantage to use a heavy target rifle for plate matches, because I had a bull barrel target also. If you would like to try it again, I will bring my Ruger with the Barracuda stock, the carbon fiber barrel and action done by Randy at CPC for you to use. But once you use that, it will be hard for me to get it back from you at the end. :roll:
Just send me an email if you want to make a practice night and I will bring up two for you to try. A practice night you can switch back and forth to rifles and pistols. :lol:
By PaiN
resinator wrote: But once you use that, it will be hard for me to get it back from you at the end. :roll:
If I make it....I'll bring a check 8)
By resinator
:) This coming Friday night, Jan 16th, is a practice plate match. Let me know if you can make it and I will meet you there....... You can check the plate match schedule by going to www.silvercitygunclub.com
By resinator
Are you going to make this practice night PaiN? If so, I will bring up that "lightweight" Ruger for you to try.......
By resinator
Just got back from the Jan 16th practice plate match. It was a great success, despite the cold weather outside, with 27 shooters showing up. We had the wood stove full, clubhouse heat on and the big propane heater on the plate range going, and it was very comfortable in the club. We had several new shooters show up to check out what plate shooting was about, and after trying their hand at it, said they would be back next Friday. We even stayed longer than normal for all those that still wanted to shoot some more. Great time was had by all... :lol:
Several shooters wanted to try out my GSG5 that I had just picked up recently, and did it get broken in tonight. I had to fight to get it back. Real fun gun.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!