Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By JohnFH
shotgun / pistol match sunday
also breakfast will be served early
we'll start shooting at 9:30
there will be 3 stages
you'll need 1 box of pistol ammo
50 rds will be more then enough
shotgun shells - 1 box of bird shot
please nothing smaller then 71/2 and nothing larger then 6
thanks mike
By JohnFH
If your going to need to borrow a pistol, I would make arrangements now.
By GreggAndrews
Looking into that. Either that, or I could squeeze by with my 1858 and a few extra cylinders (if need be).
By snakeeater332
Looks like I'll be going to the June 12th shotgun / pistol match, too. Who else is going?
By CTSixshot
I'm going to make an effort to get up there... we'll see.
By GreggAndrews
This might be kinda late, but does anyone know if it's still on? I'm hearing rain in the morning. :cry:
By JohnFH
If it's raining at 8am it will cancel usually if looks like it will continue, if it's spotty or possibly clearing, it will probably happen.

Best thing to do is look at the radar maps about 7:30 and see what's coming.
By GreggAndrews
Gotcha. Either way, it's an excuse for me to get out of the house early in the morning for either a good shoot, or a good trip past the ol' Bantam Shell for a cup of coffee.
By GreggAndrews
Well, the matches today were AWESOME. I bungled a few things, but it was a lot of fun. Glad to see a couple people on this forum there too.

Snakeeater, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you, and many thanks for letting me borrow your pistol. Please keep in touch, and I hope we meet up for lunch again or range time someday!
By snakeeater332
The match today was a lot of fun! After working out the first-time jitters and some equipment issues in the first of three stages, I felt that I progressed over the next 2 stages and found my rhythm in the 3rd and final stage. I'm definitely looking forward to competing again!

And it was really great to meet additional fellow shooters from all walks, and some from this forum. It was a pleasure to meet you also, GreggAndrews, and I'm sure I'll be seeing you again in the near future at another match or just meeting up at a range.

Cd586, it was nice to meet you, too. Thanks for all your help when I first got there, walking me through things since it was my first time. I really appreciate it!

And djmiked, it was nice to meet you in person. It was a pleasure to shoot in the same group with you. Hope to see you at the Metacon Class 3 shoot in a few weeks.

Ketel1, glad you came up, bro. Looking forward very much to shooting a match or two with you this summer.

Harwinton R&G put on a great event and it was nice to see that nearly 40-45 shooters competed. Our hosts and range personnel were very gracious and helpful, as well as tolerant with this new competitor, and I'll be back for more events here.
By snakeeater332
I'd like to encourage more forum members and shooters to come on out and shoot, or even observe, one of these matches. I highly recommend that you guys come out, give it a 'shot', and have some fun! Keep in mind that there are shooters of various skill levels, experience, and age...don't be 'gun shy'...you're only really competing against yourself. Big bonus is that you get more confidence in your weapons handling.

Hope to see some more of you guys at the next match!

Andy
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!