Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By newguy
Ya will prolly bring them both honestly i just wanna have some fun because isn't that what it all about i lost my competitive edge when i was a teenager. think as you grow up having fun when you can is the most important thing find as i get older fun things to do come around less and less
By CTSixshot
That's the spirit!
Hope to see you there...
By newguy
All packed up and ready to go for this morning put my standard iron sites back on my M24/47 still don't know if i am gonna use it but bringing it anyways lol
By CTSixshot
WTG newguy. Glad that you and your friend made it over. If it wasn't for you two, plus my neighbor, they likely would have scrubbed the match due to low attendance.
By newguy
Was nice to meet you too we were glad to come i am sure you will see the two of us much more at matches we really enjoyed ourselves not many places you can go for 10 bucks these days and enjoy yourself
By CTSixshot
Oh... I should have mentioned to you to chamber check those cast bullet rounds in your Mauser. I don't expect there will be any chambering issues being a mil-surp, but since the Saeco bullet isn't the standard military fodder, it never hurts to make sure the bullet profile fits in your rifle's chamber properly, especially before a match.
In truth, were I to reload specifically for that rifle, I could probably seat the bullet further out to get it just shy of the lands, but for generic loads I just use standard load data. If they don't perform as advertised, bring them back for a full refund.
GW
By newguy
Well if Glastonbury State Range Opens prolly beable to give them a shot. Other then that might have to wait till Next berlin one. Talked to my friend about Harwington one we will give that one shot too. I can't see going to Blue Trail for 30 bucks for first hour and 10 bucks each additional on weekend and i hate to shoot during week alone not much fun
By CTSixshot
newguy: cock the bolt on the Mauser and flip the safety to safe (12 o'clock position). Mindful that these are live rounds, with the muzzle in a safe direction simply cycle the rounds to verify the bolt will close without undue resistance. Needless to say, don't pull the trigger even with the safety applied. The chambered round should also extract without extra effort. That's enough of a test to insure proper functioning with a new bullet combo.
Sometimes a broad-tipped bullet may interfere with a tight chamber, even if seated to the correct overall cartridge length, so it's always worth a check when using a new bullet style.
It's possible that a cartridge will have the bullet seated properly and the bolt will still not close properly. This is usually due to improper case dimensions. With the reloads I swapped with you, they have all been checked with a Wilson Case Gage, so they are all dimensionally correct.
Good luck and happy boltgunning!
By newguy
Just wondering if anyone else is going to the rimfire shoot in Berlin Saturday. I got myself all packed up and ready to go
By JohnFH
I got myself all packed up and ready to go
Youth and excitment....

I think I finished getting ready to go to Harwinton last sunday at about 8:45 am sunday morning, not including the 2 trips back into the house for the stuff I forgot :roll:
By newguy
I just find anytime i go out it a new learning experience since you meet new people and everyone always has some tips for you to make you a better shooter and any day shooting is a day of fun so how can ya go wrong. Can't wait to do my pistol permit so i can become a better handgun shooter too
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!