Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
St. Jude’s Shoot A Thon Meriden Rod and Gun Club 2011

As part of the CT Shooting Sportsmen charitable events the Meriden Rod and Gun Club is open to the public for the annual Saint Jude's Shoot A Thon that will be held on Saturday March 12, 2011. There is a $10 charitable donation " ticket " with all of the proceeds going to benefit Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital to help fight disease like childhood cancer .

Your $10 Donation will provide you with access to the club's archery, pistol and trap range your ticket will also entitle you to eat all you want including venison chili, clam chowder and fish, game and domestic foods as well as hamburgers and hot dogs throughout the day, and on top of this we will hold a raffle that features all kinds sporting goods that will be held at the end of the days event.

We are open to the public and we encourage all to come for a worthy cause to help fight children cancer at Saint Jude. Tickets will be sold at the door. We look forward to seeing you there. You can also access us at www.meridenrodandgunclub.com for more information and directions, all inquiries are welcome.
By Mike-Sid
I'll be there, It is a great event! There is SOOOOOOO much food, and all good! This year I'll bring the shot gun for some trap! and some beer for after!
By J
Is this event usually crowded? Are permits required to shoot? I take it we bring our own guns and ammo, do we bring targets and/or clays too? I can put it out on the Subase and try and get alot of military guys to help support the foundation. Just trying to get all the info I can get before I let people know. Thanks.
By hayes1966
J wrote:Is this event usually crowded? Are permits required to shoot? I take it we bring our own guns and ammo, do we bring targets and/or clays too? I can put it out on the Subase and try and get alot of military guys to help support the foundation. Just trying to get all the info I can get before I let people know. Thanks.
You can bring your own guns and ammo. No permits required to shoot. Target frames are provided. Clays are provided for the skeet range.
The pond is stocked so bring a rod. They always throw a couple of big fish in there too.

It is a pretty big place and providing the snow has melted parking should not be an issue. Always plenty of food on hand.

If there is enough interest, I can try and hold a table for ctshooting folk.
By J
Sounds good. Are there any volunteer opportunities available. I know myself and other military guys I work with wouldn't mind to help out. Not to mention it helps out on our evals, haha. But seriously, what other event to help out with then one like this. Thanks.
By CTSixshot
J:
hayes1966 is a member there, so he is the authority here. The club members usually have the event covered, so come and enjoy the facility and fellowship of other like-minded people.
I suppose the only caveat is no extreme rapid-fire at the rifle/pistol range. Otherwise, it's a great day at the range.
If you can get a submarine up to the pond and offer free rides...that may earn you those brownie points!
By hayes1966
Johnb is the member. I am friends with a few guys that are members there. There is always hands needed for various activities. Contact johnb on this board for more info.
By CTSixshot
Okay...I stand corrected.
You'll find JohnB over by the grill...
By JohnB
i'll be at the grill !!
By hayes1966
Yeah right, not cooking but on the other side :)
By JohnB
its a good day guys..everything hayes said is correct
By CTSixshot
Agreed!
Just get behind JohnB and he'll provide all of the recommendations for a fine dining experience...
By CTSixshot
Basically, anytime from 0900 til dusk is about right. I doubt they'll let you shoot at 5 AM. It's the best deal in the state as far as I'm concerned.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!