Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/art ... 913761.php

MONROE -- A gun found on a hiking trail Monday behind Masuk High School belongs to a hiker who unknowingly dropped it, local police said.
Police were dispatched to Webb Mountain behind Masuk Monday morning after the gun was found on the trail.
As a precaution, police searched the entire high school property, superintendent Colleen Palmer said.
Police were able to trace the gun back to the owner who said the gun fell out of a fanny pack without the hiker's knowledge.
No charges were filed against the owner.
By CTSixshot
Okay... I'll take the gun that was found.
Have the PD deliver it to ______________
...and I'll give it a good home.

Maybe this gun went with the magazine pouch loaded with two SIG magazines with some of those demonic Black Talons found years ago in the Watertown Transfer Station....?

On another note...
...why doesn't the article state, "Hiker (allegedly) accidentally drops gun behind Monroe high school"? They always throw in that word when some malefactor gets caught red-handed in some evildoing!
By JohnFH
Police were able to trace the gun back to the owner
But it's against the law to have a gun registry in CT, so how were they able to trace it, could it be our gov has lied to us?
By CTSixshot
JohnFH...
...but, Government is our friend!
Sounds like you need to go back to school and become re-indoctrinated!
(You should meet this elderly gentleman that I recently met who is from Laos. He was in the communist camps for about 6 years before he fled the country...quite a fella. Seems he was one of three battalion commanders in the Royal Laos Army, too).
Last edited by CTSixshot on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By PLO231
The DPS doesn't keep a gun registry? I thought you could get a listing of all the guns on your CC permit if requested?
By hayes1966
The DPS does keep a firearm registry. All hand gun sales are recorded as are long gun sales from dealers.

I recently pulled my records from the DPS. There are errors on the report.
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:JohnFH...
...but, Government is our friend!
Image....yesssss, they areeee
By Speedway
Sorry, no fanny packs here.
By PaiN
Speedway wrote:Sorry, no fanny packs here.
:? That one in "for sale/trade" that one, it it it uhhhh wasn't mine
By punisher
Wow, thankfully everything worked out for the best.
By GreggAndrews
Police were able to trace the gun back to the owner

But it's against the law to have a gun registry in CT, so how were they able to trace it, could it be our gov has lied to us?
[/quote]

DPS-3/DPS-67 forms my friend... "registration" is such an... ugly... term. We should be ever so thankful that they're concerned about our feelings.
By GreggAndrews
GreggAndrews wrote:Police were able to trace the gun back to the owner

DPS-3/DPS-67 forms my friend... "registration" is such an... ugly... term. We should be ever so thankful that they're concerned about our feelings.[/quote]
By 67malibu
Thats a dumb move right there what did he make it home and then say uh oh..

I used to have a ton of those black Talons. back when I bought my p85 the guy gave me 500 rounds of those with the gun. my friend who was a state cop almost shi* about a year later when we went out to shoot and he seen them. gave me a big lecture about the "cop killer round" and scared the shi* outta me so I fired them all off at the range that day.
By sjcolwell2
Read the bottom of one of your gun tranfer forms ( one copy to DPS one to the Seller , One to the purchaser and another to the police department in which the purchaser lives... of course they have a record of what you have. Each police department keeps a record on you with a reciept of every gun you own. provided you attained it legally.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!