Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By Socom
Anyone from the North-West part of the state? Like Litchfield County? Farther North-West the better! Looking for someone to shoot with and/or reloading, or just shooting the bull 8) Drop me a line!
By Socom
Gree, No one from Litchfield County? 8O Thats a bummer :(
By JohnFH
I'm in Torrington
By Socom
Hi John, I knew someone had to be in the North-West! Have to get together some day. I just found out that there is a toy store in Torrington, Have you been to it? If so, how is it? Trying to get over there soon, maybe mid-January :D
By Savage99
If you mean a gunshop in Torrington the only one in town that I know of is Tactical Arms. Thats a black gun shop.

I have stopped in there a few times to see if the kind of guns that I prefer might be there. So far nothing.

For fine guns try the Autumn Gun Works in Goshen and the Armory in New Preston.

Here is a pic of the kinds of guns that interest me. This was at Autumn GW.

By Socom
@Savage99; Thanks, I will have to check it out, as i am into Tactical Arms. Being all my life in Defence & Law Enforcement, even a DI with a primary of inst of the M-60, Maybe right up my aliy, Thanks again. P.S. I have a habit of calling gun shop's, "toy stores" :D Will also check out Goshen and New Preston.
By JohnFH
I either shop at The Semi Auto in Winsted or the shop in Goshen.
Kind of avoid the place in Torrington.
By Socom
@JohnFH; Why's that ? On Torrington, If you know something i don't, I would be thankful for the info, As i have never been there. You can (PM) or (E-Mail) if you wish! Thank's
By Socom
Anyone know where the shop in "Goshen" is ? Was there the other day and could not find it :(
By CTSixshot
As you come to the rotary on Rt 4 East, turn right and proceed south on Rt 63. Go about 1 mile past the fairgrounds and look for a dirt road coming in from the left named Bare Hill Road; the gunshop is the first building on the left as you turn left onto bare Hill. if you go past the roadside picnic area on the right and a winery on the left, you've passed it!
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?w ... IzNDYwOA==
By Socom
<---- Day late, dollar short.... Thank's CT 6! I went past the fair grounds about a mile and turnned around to head for home, With my luck, I must have been a few feet short :( Nothing new for me. Will try next trip over that way...
By CTSixshot
Click on the link above, cursor on Road...Aerial...Bird's Eye...and you'll be looking right at the building. (magnify accordingly).
By Socom
Thank's Ct6; You wouldn't believe me if i told you... But i'll tell you anyway... I turned around in the driveway on the west side, Just befor Bare Hill Rd. Missed it by a couple hundred feet short :( But I will find it on my next trip in a week or two... :D Do they carry powder and primers ??? If so i may make it sooner... Almost out of 2400...
By CTSixshot
Socom:
I was thinking that very thing. Glad you didn't disappoint me!
By Socom
Thank's once again, CT 6. I found Autumn gun work's yesterday, A very nice place, and they had all that i needed except a pound of Bullseye. I plan on making that one of my two favor shops, for shopping. There a lot closer then Newington, There prices are a little higher, But not worth the extra mileage and time. NOW, I have to figure out how to get from here to there WITHOUT making a detour going to Torrington (KFC)... :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!