Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By the-shootist
Vin,
If you are at the Concordia tonight I can discuss it with you but the guy to talk to about it is Tom. Hope to see you later.

Mike
By the-shootist
Well i did two Appleseed shoots. I've turned into a big fan of this group. I would highly recommend anyone to attend one regardless of their skill level.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
By Lilorfnannie
I went to one on Aug. 8-9th. It was awesome!!! I didn't make Rifleman but I'm going back until I do :D I HIGHLY recommend it.
By the-shootist
Lilorfnannie wrote:I went to one on Aug. 8-9th. It was awesome!!! I didn't make Rifleman but I'm going back until I do :D I HIGHLY recommend it.
Were you at Colebrook? I was there, way down on the right and no I was not the one that fired before the "Fire" command. :D There is talk about another Appleseed there this Fall and perhaps one in Hartford I believe. If you want I can keep you informed so you can be assured a spot on the line.

I've been harassing all my friends and family to go to the next one. I'll probably be working as an "Instructor in Training" and want some familiar faces there :)
By Lilorfnannie
the-shootist wrote:
Lilorfnannie wrote:I went to one on Aug. 8-9th. It was awesome!!! I didn't make Rifleman but I'm going back until I do :D I HIGHLY recommend it.
Were you at Colebrook? I was there, way down on the right and no I was not the one that fired before the "Fire" command. :D There is talk about another Appleseed there this Fall and perhaps one in Hartford I believe. If you want I can keep you informed so you can be assured a spot on the line.

I've been harassing all my friends and family to go to the next one. I'll probably be working as an "Instructor in Training" and want some familiar faces there :)
Awesome- do please save me a spot. I'll be checking the Appleseed site and I'm going to mark the date as soon as it's solid for sure, and I'll sign up. :D

Yes, it was Colebrook- I don't remember everyone there- I was the short female with Lloyd's borrowed youth rifle, the ugly one with all the foam & duck tape on the stock to raise the comb :lol: The 10/22 I just bought is going to be much nicer :D In the beginning I was near to the left but when the distance shooting began on Sunday I got put over to the right. So I'll be sure to say Howdy when we meet next! Oh and congrats on making Rifleman, and on being an Instructor!!!
By the-shootist
Lilorfnannie wrote:
the-shootist wrote:

Awesome- do please save me a spot. I'll be checking the Appleseed site and I'm going to mark the date as soon as it's solid for sure, and I'll sign up. :D

Yes, it was Colebrook- I don't remember everyone there- I was the short female with Lloyd's borrowed youth rifle, the ugly one with all the foam & duck tape on the stock to raise the comb :lol: The 10/22 I just bought is going to be much nicer :D In the beginning I was near to the left but when the distance shooting began on Sunday I got put over to the right. So I'll be sure to say Howdy when we meet next! Oh and congrats on making Rifleman, and on being an Instructor!!!
Cool. I'll let you know what is going on, I may know the schedule before it is posted as I'm a member of Northwest and a good friend of mine is the man behind the Appleseeds up there.

I just saw that you posted on the Appleseed forum. I'm "Rifleman Mike" over there.

Thanks for the congrats. I look forward to meeting you.

Mike
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!