Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By djmiked
Ever wanted to shoot your AR15/M4 in an action shooting match?
Well here is your chance!

The Assault/Battle Rifle Match, hosted by Class III, will be held on
Sunday June 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

This match is an IPSC-style practical match for assault and battle rifles and their semi-auto clones. A single competitor engages steel and paper targets from various shooting points.

The course of fire can be found on the website under the Class III section.
www.metacongunclub.com

Permitted Firearms: Full Auto or Semi Auto rifles in center fire rifle caliber.

Examples: M16/AR15/M4, AK47, M1/M2 Carbine, M1 Garand, CETME/G3, FAL, FNC, Mini 14/AC556, SKS, M14/M1A etc.

Now is the time to test your skills in an action shooting type match with your rifle.

For those people shooting full auto firearms (does not pertain to semi-auto guns), you need to have completed the Metacon Class III check-out. If you need to be checked-out, please contact me.

Make sure you bring your firearm to the range in a case. We operate a Cold range.
By guinness126
Don't make me bring the cheerleaders. LOL
By Wolvie56X
hmmmmmmmm i do have an SKS and Mini 14 and Mini 30 hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:D
By Wolvie56X
and i have a few AK's hehe :twisted:
By guinness126
And a willing wife that will take one or two from you to use.
By djmiked
Well then I'll see the both of you at the range!

You'll want to use the rifle that you are most familiar with. Make sure you know where the rifle hits from 10 yards out to 100 yards as there will be targets at and between those distances.

Make sure you bring the rifle in a case to the range. No case, No entry, No exceptions!
By JohnFH
What is the expected round count for this event? is it going to be like the pistols, reload behind cover, retain mags?
By PaiN
I plan on shooting this with the SU-16.... :?
By djmiked
JohnFH wrote:What is the expected round count for this event? is it going to be like the pistols, reload behind cover, retain mags?
No this is NOT done by IDPA rules. In Class III we use IPSC style rules. There will be no cover at all in this match and no need to keep your mags.

You can check out the course of fire on the website to get an idea of how many rounds you will need per run. Round count will be determined on your shooting ability! :wink:
By djmiked
PaiN wrote:I plan on shooting this with the SU-16.... :?
Looking forward to seeing that gun!
By twistdpair
This sounds like fun!!

One of these days I'll get out to an event, but I'm taking my kid to the DEP range in Glastonbury Sunday to do some plinking.
By CTSixshot
It is fun! Don't let the competitive aspect scare you away. Many of us are there just to shoot, not necessarily win trophies or anything.
Personally, I find the competitive format a bit more interesting than solo shooting at the range. Bring your son along to shoot, as well.
By djmiked
CTSixshot wrote:It is fun! Don't let the competitive aspect scare you away. Many of us are there just to shoot, not necessarily win trophies or anything.
Personally, I find the competitive format a bit more interesting than solo shooting at the range. Bring your son along to shoot, as well.
Yeah what he said! :D
By twistdpair
Well this is his first experience with non-air-powered guns, so an assault rifle match is maybe not the best option.

That said, he will be getting some time on the M1 Carbine...we'll be ready for next time!
By nyalex98
How was the shoot? Any pictures?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!