Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By guinness126
I was one of the (at first skeptical) women who attended the Women on Target Training at Metacon yesterday. First, I will say my husband was jealous when they finally broke out the "big boys" for us to play with!! :D

It was a great day. I found that I was proficient in a few areas, and have to work on skills in other areas. In the morning, it was all .22 handguns and rifles. I think I fell back in love with the Walther P22 (yes, I know that there is one for sale in the forum :D ). Even the "instructor" on that port said "remind me NOT to piss YOU off." 8O The only drawback to having 75-80 people for something like this is, we didn't even get to cycle thru HALF of the guns that were available to us! My group got to cycle thru 2 handgun stations, but only 1 rifle station. :( A bit frustrating. The catered lunch was phenomenal. Most of us expected a quick "box lunch", but were treated to a delectable and lavish spread.

There were quite a few mother/daughters, and friends/co-workers. Ages ranged from 18 to 80 (and yes, our team had an 80 year old!) Even though they didn't introduce anything other than .22s until 2:30, and the event was slated to end at 3:00, MANY of us stayed around and braved the pouring rain while the over-adored men went to their vehicles and started pulling out more and higher caliber rifles.

Oh yeah - and I got to meet DjMikeD! Mike - please be sure to thank Dom, Steve, Joel, and everyone else for myself, Kimberly, and Michelle. Right now, our Facebook pages are lighting up the net! The 3 of us are now looking forward to doing some serious shopping in the next few days. :wink:
By nyalex98
pictures?
By djmiked
Was great to meet you and the other women. I'm glad you had a good time.

I hope you have some good pictures of the 3 of you shooting the M16!
By guinness126
The pics are "eehh..." due to the fact that it was camera phones. But the memories will last forever.

Or at least until I get my AR. LOL
By djmiked
guinness126 wrote:Or at least until I get my AR. LOL
Wait, I thought it was an M16 that you wanted? :wink:
By guinness126
Either.

I take that back, I'd like BOTH.

Does it honestly really matter???? :D
By djmiked
Honestly you do need both because of our silly laws. All M16's must be full auto only with no select fire for semi (unless you had one prior to the CT AWB and registered it). An then you need an AR for the semi part, so yes one of each! 8)
By nyalex98
May be i should look now for a ... 9mm rifle.
By Sherrie
Sounds like it was fun. Is this an annual event?
By djmiked
Yes it is an annual event.
By twistdpair
I met Dom when I was doing the practical part of my CCW class at Metacon. What a great dude. Hopefully I'll be able to join that club soon. I was very impressed.
By djmiked
twistdpair wrote:I met Dom when I was doing the practical part of my CCW class at Metacon. What a great dude. Hopefully I'll be able to join that club soon. I was very impressed.
Great dude huh? I guess you don't *really* know Dom. :lol: Just kidding!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!