Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By hayes1966
House Backs Limit On Machine Guns

By CHRISTOPHER KEATING | The Hartford Courant May 15, 2009

Prompted by the death of an 8-year-old Connecticut boy at a Massachusetts gun club, the state House of Representatives voted unanimously Thursday night to keep machine guns out of the hands of anyone under the age of 16.

The House action came after the state Senate recently voted 31-2 in favor of the bill, with two Republicans voting against it.

The bill, which prohibits the transfer of machine guns to children, is in response to the death of Christopher K. Bizilj, an Ashford boy who lost control of a Micro Uzi submachine gun in late October in Massachusetts and accidentally shot himself in the head.

The third-grader, who was 4 feet 3 and weighed 66 pounds, could not control the high-powered weapon's recoil. A Massachusetts grand jury has indicted a police chief, the gun club and two Connecticut men in connection with the accident at the machine gun event in Westfield.

Rep. Michael P. Lawlor of East Haven, the co-chairman of the legislature's judiciary committee, and Rep. Arthur O'Neill of Southbury, the committee's ranking Republican member, both described the measure as a compromise among gun advocates and those seeking gun control.

"Handing a machine gun to an 8-year-old is a pretty irresponsible thing to do," O'Neill said on the House floor. "There is widespread agreement that this is a reasonable piece of legislation. ... These are very dangerous weapons."

The bill now goes to Republican Gov. M. Jodi Rell for her signature.
By djmiked
Only 2 people in the Senate with the balls to vote no. At least someone has some back bone left in this state.

So when my 8 year old wants to shoot my machine gun off a tripod that is locked with a T&E device and has zero chance of moving, now I am penalized and have to make him wait another 8 years, even though he can do it fine all day long now. I believe this was a parental rights issue, NOT a gun issue that it was made out to be.

This state sucks more everyday!
By hayes1966
We should be thankful they removed the assault weapons parts .. that could have meant my kids couldn't shoot a 1022!

18000 people die each year from alcohol related motor vehicle accidents yet no knee jerk reaction to that figure.
By CTSixshot
hayes1966....don't expect any "rational thought" out of Washington or Hartford any time soon.
By djmiked
[quote="hayes1966"]We should be thankful they removed the assault weapons parts .. that could have meant my kids couldn't shoot a 1022!
quote]

Then so be it! If that's what it takes to light a fire under some people's ass to get involved, then thats what we have to do.

The problem I have with this is we are ALWAYS giving up some of our rights. When the gun control people come after us, we are always losing something and they are always GAINING something. They chip at us piece by piece. I'm afraid by the time our side draws the line in the sand, it will be too late.
When are we going on the offensive instead of being on the defensive side of this equation time after time?
By CTSixshot
I'm going to see if the honorable Martin M. Looney will introduce a bill banning the use of SUV's larger than a Toyota Rav4 by state legislators and Congressional members. Afterall, the Cadillac Escalades, Ford Expiditions and such like are too big and cause undue carnage on the highways.

http://www.senatedems.state.ct.us/news/ ... Issues.pdf
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!