Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By nyalex98
looks like
By randolf
nyalex are you going there tommorow?
By CTSixshot
randolf:

You are correct!

I hope to get there for the rifle shoot after hitting the Stratford airport open house quickly in the AM.
By guinness126
Wow....I don't know where to go today....

Middlefield has "Touch a Truck"
Sikorsky has the Wings & Wheels
And Matabassett has a shoot

Can I please split myself in 3 today???
By djmiked
Oh great and I have to work today! :(
By randolf
I fell asleep, I miss the game, anyway I have a better Idea Ill bring my kids to lake compounce today.
By Arby238
randolf wrote:I fell asleep, I miss the game, anyway I have a better Idea Ill bring my kids to lake compounce today.
You must not have been the only one sleeping, there was less than 20 shooters. Only had an A & B group.
By CTSixshot
Even worse for the non-happening rifle match...no shoot! Must have missed you by a couple of minutes, Arby238.

Ended up getting some trigger time over at the State-freebie range in Glastonbury afterall.

Give Harwinton R&G a try, if you are free next Sunday, the 17th...pistol/shotgun combat match.

http://www.harwintonrodandgun.com/ht_2009_pistol.htm
Defensive Combat Action Shoot Schedule
May 17th
Shotgun and Pistol Match
25 rounds of bird shot needed
75 rounds of pistol ammo needed
By Arby238
CTSixshot wrote:Even worse for the non-happening rifle match...no shoot! Must have missed you by a couple of minutes, Arby238.

There were a few people that showed up and asked about the rifle shoot and were told that it did not look like there was enough shooters to have it.
I have only been to a few shoots there and they are not in a hurry to start in the morning. It was after 9:30 when we got started.
By CTSixshot
Arby238: There's a semi-auto military rifle match coming up on the 31st at Quaker Hill R&G, if interested. That's almost close to you (closer to you than me in New Haven), but I intend to go.
The Quaker Hill Rod and Gun Club will sponsor the 22nd annual semi-automatic service rifle match on Sunday, May 31, 2009.
Any semi-automatic service rifle from any country and any era is eligible provided the operating mechanism, front and rear IRON sights, trigger and stock are in original condition. PLEASE NOTE: ANY RIFLE THAT QUALIFIES AS A SERVICE RIFLE FOR NRA COMPETITION WILL BE PERMITTED. If the rifle is capable of accepting 8 rounds, firing sequences will be started with 2 rounds in the rifle and the rifle will be re-loaded with 8 rounds during the specified time limit. If the rifle can only hold 5 rounds, then firing sequences will start with 5 rounds in the rifle and the rifle will be re-loaded with 5 more rounds during the specified time limit. In no case will the rifle ever be loaded with more than 8 rounds at any one time. If the rifle is clip-fed or magazine-fed, at least two clips or two magazines will be required. The Match Director will make the final decision on eligibility of any rifle. Slings are optional and, if used, must be attached to the rifle at both ends at all times and must be used in the "HASTY SLING" configuration only! Shooting jackets and gloves are NOT permitted for this match. Those competitors electing to shoot the first stage from the prone position will be permitted to use a shooting mat, which they must provide.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!