Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By HK45ACP
I was told that people have been asking about what type of classes we have at BSR. We are a full training facility. We can teach you pretty much anything you want to know. All our Advanced instructors are Military, Law Enforcement, Corrections, and or Security.

Here is the link to our Training and event calendar
http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com/ ... rLarge.php

Also if you want to find out what is going on every month you can sign up for are monthly email Newsletter. Our Director of Training David Salthouse puts together a article on training,the latest cool toy he has picked up, or topics like what type of holster is best. We also get feed back from our readers on what they want to know about so David will write about that in the next newsletter.
http://www.bridgeportshootingrange.com/eNewsletter.php

If anyone has any questions they can always contact me on my cell after 6pm on the week days or anytime on the weekends 203-257-7303 or call the range when we are open 203-330-9772

Not sure if you all know but we have a gun store at the range. Park City Tactical 203-333-GUNS (4867) He is a class 2 dealer. Ron Artman He can build you pretty much anything. Cool guy too.

But id anyone has any questions or just wants to see what the range has to offer give me a call.

Also I notice that every once in a while someone is looking for a range maybe closer to them or has a longer range to shoot rifles. Go to www.wheretoshoot.org click on Find A Range plug in the state your in or going to and it will list every public and private range.

Hope this has helped - Everyone Be Safe!!!
By nyalex98
Looking forward to IDPA shoot this Tue. 8)
By hayes1966
Highly recommend the courses. Very professional.
By randolf
nyalex98 wrote:Looking forward to IDPA shoot this Tue. 8)
do you always shoot IDPA? PM me nyalex I want to know how to get classification.
By djmiked
To be IDPA classified, you need to take the IDPA qualifier course. NECPL does them once a year, usually around February. I know Hartford Gun Club does them as well.

Check on the IDPA website to see if they have a listing. At the very least they will have a listing of IDPA affiliated clubs and you can contact those clubs to see when they run their qualifier.

Hope this helps.
By randolf
thanks that helps me understand it better,
so it means you cannot shoot the regular match if you dont have your classification yet. qualifier match is when they test you so that they can put you in a group that has same skill level as you do right.
By CTSixshot
I don't think this keeps you from participating, but they may give preference to "rated" shooters first. Some of the guys here or some folks at Bridgeport, Metacon or Hartford Gun Club (East Granby, CT) should be able to assist you. They seem to run official IDPA shoots.
By djmiked
By IDPA rules, you can shoot 1 match without having a classification. A lot of clubs do not go by official IDPA rules, they run IDPA "type" matches. At NECPL, you don't need to be IDPA qualified to shoot the matches. They have 2 catagories, one for IDPA members and one for non-members. I know other clubs do have IDPA shoots that do not require classification such as Harwington (and several others).

Go to www.necpl.com and you can click on the left side where it says match results. Click on IDPA and then the month. Here you will see what the scores are like for each division along with the shooters classification. Go back to the home page and click on match results for NECPL and then the month and you will see the scores for those that are not classified.
By HK45ACP
At BSR we are not that strict about the rules when it comes to who shoots. The reason is if you have people who are interested in it but never shot and IDPA match how are you going to find out if this is something you would like to do. So we suggest if you have never shot one before to come down and watch and if you like it shoot one scenario and see if it's for you. If you like it keep coming back and get good and then see if you want to shoot in other matches and then become and IDPA Member then.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!