Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By SigFan
guinness126 wrote:I can do lasagna or lead...but can't do both, sorry.

PLEASE tell me that you mean your wife's lasagna "makes you feel full". LOL

I'm always interested in learning more about guns/ammo. I work for cheap!! :lol:
Much like lead, it is a soft, dense material. The heaviest of the pasta-based casseroles, it is a powerful neurotoxin that, if consumed in sufficient quantities, will result in irreversible neurological damage and kidney failure.
By evan1293
I was able to get 2k rounds of wwb 9mm at a walmart two nights ago. Yeah, Im happy! I put in the effort for that one...I've been visiting this walmart for weeks almost every other day, checking their supply. I timed it just right the other night.

Boy, I wish it would go back to the way it was about 5-6 years ago. I remember buying 100rnd packs of 9mm for about $12. It doesn't even pay to reload anymore. Primers are just as scarce/ expensive. Its all the panic stricken ammo horders that are buying up all the ammo. For guys like me who shoot a LOT, we've got to cut back because all the ammo is getting stock piled.
By djmiked
I remember buying wwb 9mm from walmart 3-4 years ago for $8.98 per/100 round box!
By evan1293
Yes..thats true...I do remember that. Man, those were the days!
By fprintf
So the price of Ammo is now going up. The Southington WalMart had target loads priced at $19.87 for 100 round bulk boxes (e.g. just rounds in a big box without carriers). Funny thing, as much as I like JoJo's, their price was $29.95 for the same thing. What a ripoff at both places, but what are you gonna do?
By CTSixshot
Just like auto fuel...if you intend to drive, you shell out more at the pump, I suppose.

I can run waste vegetable oil in my diesel and make virtually free fuel and reload to keep fodder in my cylinder or magazine for a modest cost. (Discounting time and labour, of course.)

For awhile yet, this looks to be the new reality. Maybe prices will retreat once some of the panic subsides, but I'd expect higher prices to be the norm.
By CTSixshot
Hansen's in Southport....

9MM various manufacturers $39/50
.308 Venezualan CAVIM 7.62x51 NATO $24/Bx
.30-06 Samson/IMI 150gr SPBT $24/Bx
.380 UMC $49/50
.45 AMERC 230gr $39/50
.40 UMC $45/50

Those are the prices I saw...days of bargain ammo are history.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!