Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By trucker
Does anyone know of a range in the area that has 200 yards or 250 yards available for rifle shooting? I have a nice Winchester Model 70 with a nice scope in .308 and I would like to try the longer distances and see how it groups.

I did see some of the recent Blue Trails b.s. and I would be fairly confident that their 200 yard range is still closed.

Also I read alot about the .338 Lapua which is supposed to be a great round for long distances but again where can we shoot that around here?
By CTSixshot
Long distance shooting in CT is a bit tough.
NWCSA in Colebrook is close to 300 meters, but it's not open to the public at large.
Ledyard Sportsman off of Whipple Road has 400 yards, I believe, but ask hayes1966 or cm12385 about that.
By hayes1966
Bell City in Southington is 200
Ledyard is 400

Both are private clubs. I don't know of any public ranges over 100yds.
By trucker
Thanks for the info everyone. 200 yards for BB & pellet, I think you would have trouble getting a BB or pellet out that far. What a shame that a range that's been around that long gets hit that hard by the anti-shooters.

Guess I'll have to be content with tightening my 100 yard groups and forget the .338 lapua.
By CTSixshot
I hear you, trucker.

Talk to ChrisNCT about 100 yards with a .50 BMG rifle...
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!