Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By CTrifleman
Gotta be careful at Hoffmans range. My friend told me that all the employees there now have lead poisoning. He shot on their range alot, no more but now he has to have his lead level checked as well.

Just another reason to brave the weather and shoot outdoors.
By Arby238
Hard to beleive did you ever look at the vent system that is up on the roof. I've installed some big fresh air systems but never anythig like that.
By guinness126
I plan on taking a trip there today; I will find out if it's true from my friends that work there. :D

I find it difficult to believe, too. I mean, how do you get lead poisoning when there's no (lead) ammo to be found? :lol:
By CTSixshot
I'm telling you...the libs, gun-haters and all other "public safety" gnomes are going to use this plum bum (lead) issue to close rifle ranges and further restrict ammunition sales and so on....
By CTrifleman
my friend said that they weren't changing the filters. He said that the console right next to the range had red indicators for the filters for months. When he asked the guy said that the lights were malfunctioning.

considering the anti-gunners would use this to attack indoor ranges you would think Hoffmans would be right on top of things keeping it safe. He also said the tall guy, the permit class instructor shot himself in the leg the other night while teaching a permit class. What are these people doing over there?
By djmiked
Does your friend shoot at any other range(s)?
By guinness126
I had a really really bad morning. I had to take our 1 yr old daughter for her "lead screening" (ironic, don't you think??) and they couldn't find a vein in either arm, back of her hand, etc. So they proceeded to do a "thumb stick" (because she sucks her first and middle fingers when she is sleepy/angry) to draw blood on her. Which, she started clotting too quickly, and therefore they had to stick BOTH thumbs to draw enough blood. :evil:

I decided to either shoot, or get a large bottle of Vodka. I'm in favor of the shooting. I am omw to Hoffman's NOW. :D
By djmiked
Aww poor kid.

Just remember, leave the bottle of vodka home if you are going to the range. :lol:
By guinness126
I just came back from Hoffman's. I talked to a couple of my good friend's there, including Scott...and I'm sorry, CTrifleman, but NO ONE has lead poisoning. Scott said to say "hi" to you, too. And "the tall guy" is doing just fine - no one - let me reiterate that - NO ONE has gotten shot at Hoffman's. And all employees were well and accounted for today, too.

Also, unless your friend has really poor drinking water, or is eating from dishes that were purchased from outside of the U.S., OR he ended up eating bullets...I seriously doubt he has high levels of lead in his body. To get lead poisoning, you basically need to ingest lead - through your mucous membranes (eyes, mouth, etc.) or have an open wound and direct contact with lead.

Maybe we need to stick to posting only facts, and simply not "hearsay". I know I wouldn't want to get caught in a case for slander/defamation of character/libel.
By JohnFH
I didn't want to say anything, but, new member, with 2 posts, and both of them bad mouthing a local business, really doesn't hold water.

We do know there are those who only come here to cause trouble and keep an "eye" on us. We know now which side your on.
By hayes1966
CTrifleman wrote:my friend said that they weren't changing the filters. He said that the console right next to the range had red indicators for the filters for months. When he asked the guy said that the lights were malfunctioning.

considering the anti-gunners would use this to attack indoor ranges you would think Hoffmans would be right on top of things keeping it safe. He also said the tall guy, the permit class instructor shot himself in the leg the other night while teaching a permit class. What are these people doing over there?
I am guessing if someone was shot at a gun store or range in CT it would be on the news .. I call bullshit on this.
By guinness126
I'm guessing it's one of the following:

1. A competitor
2. Someone who was thrown out/asked to leave Hoffman's
3. An anti-gunner
4. A "young'un" trying to get a rise out of us "old goats" (BAAAAA.)

For the life of me, I'm trying to figure out who the "tall guy" is. Then again, I'm only 5'3"; EVERYONE'S tall to ME. 8O

I would find a new friend. Seriously.
By Wolvie56X
yeah this is total bullshit, just because you are pissed off at a range or they are taking your business, you DONT slander them

its idiotic, childish and can get people in serious trouble, which would cost them thousands of dollars just to prove they did nothing wrong
By trucker
CTrifleman, just to set the record straight, no one has 'lead poisoning'. Some of the guys that work in the range had their levels tested and they are very high so they can't work in the range.

Also Darin did shoot himself in the leg while holstering his Glock. A very tragic and embarassing error, but it wasn't in front of the whole class, the class was leaving the range going back to the classroom. I heard he will be okay, but it is troubling. Guess that's why Scott lied about it.
By Wolvie56X
ok, well, i guess i need to apologize to ctrifleman, because what he said was sort of a half truth, which is how rumors start

someone DID shoot themselves, so that part was true

but the lead poisoning part isnt entirely true, just some of the guys had high lvls of lead in thier blood, so they had to take a break from being in the range
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!