Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
By Savage99
Yes the Sportsmans Outpost in Wolcott is a good place. They are friendly there and so is the Autumn Gun Works in Goshen and the Armoury in New Preston. Check that the Armoury is open as they are only there thursday thru saturday as far as I know.

I have been going to gun shops for half a century and I recall when Marv. Hoffman had his shops in New Britain. To each his own on the type of shop you like. My favorite shop is the Autumn Gun Works.

Here is a picture of some of the guns at the AGW on a previous trip. As far as I know he stocks no black guns. He has what I like.

By randolf
Chris in Guilford I agree Highly recommendable!!!
very honest and nice guy so easy to abuse , my ideal gun dealer

I have to check Jojos he seems a good deal with all the positive feedback.

I like the field and stream in middletown too , those guys know how to take care on their customer. they offer competitive price on some of their guns aswell.

hoffman rationed their ammo supply recently, including primers / it means they care about us and not just after our money, their ammo is a little expensive but why compare it with walmart we wont see any gun store who can sell like walmart,
I heard from my friends mother in law's daughters friend that walmarts ammo is from china ,I think it has high level of lead contamination.
By Wolvie56X
i used to love Cubeta's, aka Field and Stream now, but they have CRAP for a selection of guns now, i miss Sgt. Fuzzy's corner specials, i bought 2 Yugo SKS from him at the time for $109.99 and my first 2 Saiga .223's there too

but they have NO kind of selection of guns anymore
By twistdpair
I've been treated well at Riverview Sales in E. Windsor. Picked up a pistol there recently for a very good price. Service was quick and couteous- I explained I was new to pistols, so they took out a whole bunch for me to fondle. The old dude was a little bit of a curmudgeon, but nice enough. Besides... I am pretty sure I'll be like that in another 30 years too...
By hayes1966

I am guessing if someone was shot at a gun store or range in CT it would be on the news .. I call bullshit on this.
I voted to recall my original post .. seems like the shop is the staff only range at Hoffmans
By Socom
hayes1966 wrote:

I am guessing if someone was shot at a gun store or range in CT it would be on the news .. I call bullshit on this.
I voted to recall my original post .. seems like the shop is the staff only range at Hoffmans
Mr. Hayes, I wouldn't recall you quote, I'm fairly sure i would hear it all the way over here... Anyone who gets shot, will without a douth be on the news, Don't you think ?
By hayes1966
One would think will all the liberal media in CT it would but in this case it was not. The original post was correct. My post calling is BS was not.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!