Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Announcements
Shooters of CT, we are organizing the fight for liberty in CT.
If you are like-minded and wish to do more to protect, preserve, and restore our firearm rights in CT,....please join us.

We are in our infancy and need help organizing. If you are a member of facebook, I invite you to our group page.

http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?i ... 3321754119

Mission Statement:

The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our constitutional rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and in particular that the rights to self defense and to keep and bear the arms to actualize that defense, are fundamental and undeniable.

Interim Domain: http://www.ccdl.us
Discussion area: [url]http://www.opencarry.org%20/[/url]http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum14/

Please Post here or PM me with questions or concerns.

Cheers,

J.Newman
Ledyard, CT
By CTSixshot
Welcome to CTSHOOTING!
Perhaps I'll see you on the 12th of May.

GW
By uskrusader
CTSixshot wrote:Welcome to CTSHOOTING!
Perhaps I'll see you on the 12th of May.

GW
You are most welcome.
I look forward to working with fellow CT marksmen here!
By uskrusader
It started with a meeting of 16 opencarry.org forum posters at Hops Resturant in Newington, CT in Feb 09. It was a great meeting of freedom loving 2nd Ammendment enthusiasts.

The next (fourth) monthly meeting is on 12 May.
We bought a web domain, we're getting incorporated with the state.
We have T-Shirts, 150 members on facebook in less that 2 months.
We've set up some by-laws, officers, and we're still organizing and refining. We support open carry and we wish to organize legal open carry events in CT this year with LE and media involvement.

We have alot to do and need all the help we can get. Nothing is set in stone, those who help now will set the course and have ownership of CCDL. We expect it to be very big when we go public in the coming months.

We have modeled ourselves on, and communicate with, the Virginia movement (VCDL). A grassroots organization of over 10000 strong.

If your interested, come out and join us. So far its been a great group of folks.
By gewehr44
Hi, new guy here. Been lurking for a few days after finding this forum.

A couple quick questions:

1. How do you differentiate yourselves from existing groups like Coalition of CT Sportsmen, Gunsafe CT (defunct?), Connecticut Shooters & Sportsmen?

2. Wouldn't it be better to work with existing organizations rather than fracturing the base of gun rights supporters into small micro groups that will have a harder time raising money from a smaller pool of people?

I apologize if it sounds like I'm coming across negatively. I think it's great that the internet is giving us more access to promote gun rights & link with others in the state.
By uskrusader
gewehr44 wrote: 1. How do you differentiate yourselves from existing groups like Coalition of CT Sportsmen, Gunsafe CT (defunct?), Connecticut Shooters & Sportsmen?

2. Wouldn't it be better to work with existing organizations rather than fracturing the base of gun rights supporters into small micro groups that will have a harder time raising money from a smaller pool of people?
Fair questions.
If you understand what the VCDL is/does, it may help.
Our focus is on preserving, protecting, and restoring our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. We are not necessarily "sportsmen" or simply avid "shooters". We are dedicated to the original constitutional purpose of bearing arms in CT specifically.

Our right to arms is what makes this country different and it keeps us free. Our purpose is not to distract from or fracture other causes. Our intent (I think and hope as we develop) is to be grassroots....and free! We wish to challenge the culture (government and public) in CT with positive community service related activism/bbqs, etc. Our members will come from all walks, clubs, and associations of 2nd Ammendment supporters.

In short, we will work with existing organizations as allies and co-members. I hope this response helps,

cheers,
By gewehr44
Certainly worthy goals. I've already joined the Facebook group.

I know a little bit about VCDL from some of the things they've done that have been publicized. I saw part of a TV interview at some picnic the VCDL threw possibly last year. We definitely need to find a couple of well spoken, mainstream looking spokespeople for TV & radio interviews when explaining the truth to the media, like I saw in the interview.
By guinness126
gewehr44, isn't that what gunsafe is for? At least here in CT?

Check them out: gunsafe.org.

I have tried to join their email/mailing list, but keep getting a server error. Maybe they're being overwhelmed. 8O
By gewehr44
The Gunsafe website hasn't been updated in quite a while. I suspect he (Ralph Sherman) hasn't had the time to put into it.

I belong to Coalition of CT Sportsmen & Robert Crook does a good job sending out emails to keep everyone up to date on what's going on with the legislature.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!